Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wholesale Line Rental 31 March Deadline???

Options
  • 03-03-2004 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,282 ✭✭✭

Given that wholesale line rental agreements with comreg, eircom and other operators. Should hopefully be finalized by the 31 March.

What date can we expect to be able to get single billing from the other telcos.

This is in relational to the comreg's response ( PDF ) to the 'Consulatation on draft Ministerial policy directions of 8/2/2004'.

Or read about it on ENN
    Ireland's Commission for Communications Regulation (ComReg) said in a response to a draft policy directive from the Minister for Communications Dermot Ahern that the implementation and take-up of wholesale line rental could take longer than expected. ..........

...... Minister Ahern is due to assess whether the introduction of wholesale line rental has been a success in June -- just three months after its proposed introduction in March -- and ComReg has responded by saying that the June deadline may be too soon. "The pace at which operators choose to make it available and the product's take-up rates are clearly outside ComReg's sole remit," the regulator said.

So are we looking June or latter for the availability of single billing excluding any more delay tactics from Eircom?

Regards,
    J.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by corkie
    What date can we expect to be able to get single billing from the other telcos.
    My money's on April 1st.

I just haven't decided whether it will be April 1st 2005 or April 1st 2006.

• Moderators Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭LFCFan

Originally posted by Ripwave
    My money's on April 1st.

Well with it being April Fools day nothing would surprise me.

Advertisement