Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

perl/snmp set_request

Options
  • 02-03-2004 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭

hi all hope ye can help i trying to set multiple values in the smp mib2 and the following is the code i using but it only sets the first one
    $snmp_session is an net::snmp object to the host and with the correct community name. i have no problem, setting the first one but when i try to set the second one it doesnt change it at all i using perl to write the script

my $setResponsePDU = $snmp_session->set_request(sysName,OCTET_STRING,$newname );
    my $setResponsePDU1 = $snmp_session->set_request(sysDescr,OCTET_STRING,$newdescription );
    my $setResponsePDU2 = $snmp_session->set_request(sysLocation,OCTET_STRING,$newlocation );
    my $setResponsePDU3 = $snmp_session->set_request(sysContact,OCTET_STRING,$newcontact );

any help would be great
    tanx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 jdsiiken

As far as i know, the sysDescr OID is read-only

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

thought it mite be. but wasnt really sure..
    tanx for info but solved the probhad to rewrite code and also trysort a config issue with Net::snmp.

Advertisement