Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BlitzKrieg

Options
  • 01-03-2004 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

Just thought i would start a thread cause i think this game is among one of the very best strategy titles of the past few years.I don't play a lot of strategy games, the overall regime of collect stuff build stuff attack other peoples stuff to get more stuff can get a bit cumbersome.Blitzkrieg is good because it rewards tactical prowess and perseverance.Maybe that's why i have found it so hard!!
    Just wanted to know if anyone else has played it and what they think because it seems to be a bit of a sleeper game really.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Excellent mod ,really is excellent. Love the money gather system (very few supplies on the map, most money gaiend from capturing buildings [garrison] and kills), really makes you attack attack attack. ALso the promotions are excellent, without generals promotions you dont even get a heavy factory needed to build decent tanks, even with the factory each tank is a seperate promotion. Cant wait until they get air units etc in their next release. Havent played it on-line at all tho, still, excellent game to scrap with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭regeneration

Are you talking about the retail game blitzkrieg published by CDV software
    (http://www.cdv-blitzkrieg.de/english/index1.htm)
    A really good tactical game with no base building, and the terrors of supply lines;

or the C&C Generals mod blitzkrieg, that I've never played :D
    http://www.derelictstudios.net/blitz2/index.php

On hindsight he was prolly talking about the retail version, but I was talking about the MOD, silly me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Speedway

Yep i was talking bout the CDV game blitzkrieg,havent played the C&C mod at all actually, any good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Senor_Fudge

did they release a new version of the c + c mod incidentaly ?
    i just got the first one and thought it was great

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭regeneration

Originally posted by Speedway
    Yep i was talking bout the CDV game blitzkrieg,havent played the C&C mod at all actually, any good?
    Hellllll yeah; no base building, but you got supply depots, and you gotta prtect your supply trucks so they can re-arm and repair buggered tanks.
    Tanks have proper armour penetration values, so if you put a matilda vs. a tiger, you're fooked. Line of sight, fog of war, deployable artillery, it's a quality game. Think sudden strike only good.

Nah no updates yet fudge,and yes speedway, its an excellent MOD, definately worth getting if you have C&C:G.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭joe90

Hi

Any Irish player want to play blitzkrieg muiltplayer send me a pm and we could get a game going.

Cheers

Advertisement