Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric shower bust

Options
  • 01-03-2004 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭

Electric shower in the house is bust. Was working this morning and now this evening its not. The mains switch with the cord that you pull lights up so power is getting that far but theres none getting to the wall unit itself. :(
    any ideas whats wrong or anyone have any contact numbers for decent-wont-rip-ye-off plumbers in the clondalkin area??
    are they expensive to fix\replace?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭pipers

what make / model shower is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

bloody odd, tried it again this morning and its working fine now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

sounds like a bad connection in the ceiling switch

never thought of that. if it goes again i'll check that first before going to the expense and hassle of getting a plumber it to do it.
    cheers.

Was thinking it was too good to be true.
    Shower is bust again. Same thing, light is on on the ceiling switch but not on the wall unit. Tried to check the switch on the ceiling but when i unscrewed the housing it wouldnt come apart easily so i didnt force it incase it took half the ceiling with it.
    Shower is actually a Triton T90i, not a mira.

any one any advice??:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭pipers

replace

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Originally posted by Scruff

Shower is actually a Triton T90i, not a mira.

:lol: I've that model in the shed. Got the bathroom done up, so we got a T90si. Just the yoke itself; no connectors, or the pipe part where you spray the water out of. Will sell the unit for about 40 ono. I live on the 66 bus route.

Just wondering; do u rent out an apartment in Inchicore? I know a mate who was asked to fix a faulty shower out there...

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Muzz

keep away from the leccy...water and leccy dont mix...bad experience i had...i thought if i was standing in the tub with my socks on id be safe enough...hey was i wrong.!!

Advertisement