Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to access Cpanel from behind a firewall.

Options
  • 01-03-2004 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭

I have been looking for this for a very long time. Most newsgroups I came accross said its impossible but alas it is not!
    For anybody who wants to access Cpanel in colloge or work where the firewall doesnt let you use port 2082, heres what to do.

Take a look at this script:

http://myplace.dk/php/cpanelproxy/

Installation requires that you have access to cPanel, so you need to
    use a system that isn't behind a firewall to install it.

There are instructions embedded in the php file, but here's what I did
    to get it to work for me.

1) Load up cPanel (www.yourdomain.com/cpanel or [url]www.yourdomain.com:2082[/url])
    2) Add a subdomain called cpanel.
    3) Copy the script cpanelproxy.php to the /public_html/cpanel/ directory.
    4) Modify (or add) the file /public_html/cpanel/.htaccess to include
    the following 3 lines:

RewriteEngine on
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/cpanelproxy.php
    RewriteRule .* /cpanelproxy.php [last]

That's it. Once your subdomain is available, you can use
    http://cpanel.yourdomain.com to get into cPanel and Webmail.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Evalyra3

Accessing cPanel login from behind a firewall is simple! Ensure your firewall allows outbound traffic on ports 2082 or 2083, depending on the security protocol (HTTP or HTTPS). Then, open your browser and navigate to your hosting provider's domain followed by "/cpanel." Voila! You're all set to manage your website effortlessly. Happy cPanel managing!

Advertisement