Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noisy water tank.

Options
  • 29-02-2004 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭

I’ve recently replaced the water tank in my house. The old one was a small galvanised one which was up on stilts (I presume for water pressure reasons). The new one is a larger plastic unit which I positioned on ¾ inch plywood directly on the joists. The mains feed is qualpex for the last 15 feet approx.

Now the noise level from the tank is a lot louder than before and I’m wondering why. I can appreciate that the noise level directly below the tank would be worse, but the noise seems to be travelling back down the mains feed and can be clearly heard downstairs. Is there a quieter ballcock available or is there any way of reducing the noise level form the one that is fitted?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Cal.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭pipers

Fit an equilibrium ball valve and copper float.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Cal

Cheers Pipers.

Cal

Advertisement