Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JSP SMS Sending

Options
  • 27-02-2004 6:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Can any1 hlp me?
    I need to find out how to send a SMS notification from a JSP web-app.

I'm running the web-app on Tomcat.

Thanks in advance,

Stuy.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

As far as I know you will have to subscribe with a mobile operator to allow you send sms from your webpage and pay a certain amount per text. A cheeky alternative would be to integrate this script and avail of your free o2 web texts as notification messages !

I think the above method might be a bit bold though.

Slaanesh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 stuyg

Cheers m8! :D

Need to include it in a project for college!

Should get me outta a big big hole!!

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

If you want to be "legal" about it there are a number of companies that offer a proper sms service... Prices will vary..

If i can find a way of doing this thru JavaMail API, servlets and smtp i'll do it
    Its a college project so i'm trying to keep costs to a minimum!

My knowledge and understanding of perl is non-existent, i need to do this in java or find a way to implement the script above!

All advice is welcome!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Originally posted by stuyg
    If i can find a way of doing this thru JavaMail API, servlets and smtp i'll do it
    Its a college project so i'm trying to keep costs to a minimum!

My knowledge and understanding of perl is non-existent, i need to do this in java or find a way to implement the script above!

All advice is welcome!

you could try pulling in the J2ME MIDP2.0 jars. they have SMS sending set up easy.

http://www.symbian.com/developer/techlib/papers/java_MIDP.html#wma

• Advertisement

Cheers Lads!
    Teachin myself perl, then i'm gonna rewrite script in java!

Thanks Again!

Lads that perl stuff is a non-starter, does anyone know where i may be able to find that script/code in JAVA?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I gave you a link earlier to the J2ME stuff . Not sure if it will help will help though
    l

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ExpressWebs

I've been doin a lot of SMS stuff lately and after searching hard I found www.clickatell.com the cheapest at 4.4 cent per. You simply add credit to your account using a credit card and then send via any one of their API's with SMTP probably being the easiest.

Regards

Connell
    www.ExpressWebs.NET

Advertisement