Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New PSU from Peats

Options
  • 27-02-2004 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭

Hi there.
    I bought a PSU at peats. Its a 500w seethough PSU, UV reactive, fan control etc. It cost me 120 yo yo's. I have not put it in my pc.

However, I plugged it in at home on its own, flipped the switch and nothing happens. I thought it should work on its own.

Does it have to be connected to the mobo first? It is a bit worrying as it cost alot and I wont be in Dublin foar a while if it needs replacing!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

I reccomend actually putting it into a PC, and connecting it to the mobo, then using the PC ON/OFF button

Call me crazy.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,306 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Originally posted by bazH
    Call me crazy.....
    Your Crazy, happy?.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Originally posted by bazH
    I reccomend actually putting it into a PC, and connecting it to the mobo, then using the PC ON/OFF button

Call me crazy.....
    As the crazy man says .... wont work without you connecting it to a mobo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

Nice one. Thought it would work on its own..... doh!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

you can power it up and run sumtin like a 80mm fan without a motherboard, u just gotta jump 2 pins, i had to do it while testing a watercooler for leaks,
    these ones here

psu03.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Yea the power supply is designed not to run unless its the main connector is attached to the motherboard....... there are ways arround this but its unnessary for you .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

Thanks lads. Ya learn summit new every day

Advertisement