Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visual Studio .Net 2003 : bugs?

Options
  • 27-02-2004 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone else run across this....

Every so often, particularly when working with Windows Forms in a C# project, my code gets corrupted and starts throwing compiler errors.

Typically, this seems to be activated by me being foolish enough to use the "folding" feature in the editor to fold some code away. It doesn't happen all the time, but when it does, ends of lines inside the fold get truncated.

Another variant I've seen is that if you fold away the Initialisation section and then modify the UI through the graphical-layout, then the auto-generated code gets corrupted.

Oh yeah - and search/replace doesn't seem to search inside folds which are collapsed.

Is this just me, or has anyone else run into these?

jc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭str8_away

Originally posted by bonkey
    Oh yeah - and search/replace doesn't seem to search inside folds which are collapsed.

Make sure "Search hidden text" is ticked.

As for other issues I have not experience them on VB.Net :dunno:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Originally posted by str8_away
    Make sure "Search hidden text" is ticked.

D'oh.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Kernel32

I experienced some problems in Webforms and code regeneration in the first version of VS.Net but I am using the lastest version, 7.1 I think, VS.Net 2003 Enterprise edition and the bugs seem to be gone now.

Advertisement