Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'The Hobbit' comic

Options
  • 26-02-2004 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭

I got this in the library. I was very surprised to see it. Do you think they'll make a 'Lord of the Rings' comic? It would be good just to see it. But it might ruin the book and take away good descriptions in the original book.

What to yous think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

I think you should do a harder look for LOTR in graphic novel. The book is the book. It's not an adjustable story that could be adapted into a comic. I doubt it would have the same appeal.

Maybe i'm wrong on this though. Maybe it would be perfect for a younger generation or for people who cba to read the whole thing. Maybe they could do a 24 part mini series or a load of TPBs.

I think your best bet on this though would be to go to the LOTR forum and post it there. They might know if there are any other hardcopies available for this. I know i've seen quite a few in my time, and loads of "art of middle earth" etc, but generally nothing more linking the books with actual pictures. In saying that, the original books have exerps of original sketches but it's maybe 10 pics per book.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Ragamuffin

Thanks

Do you know how to move my post/thread to a different section (like the LOTR section you suggested)?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Unpossible

I saw a Hobbit comic in france at christmas, it was a hard back version (if you've ever seen french "comic" books then you know what im talking about). It looked pretty good, unfortunatly I don't speak french though

Advertisement