Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Important for bands

Options
  • 26-02-2004 2:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭

I'm going to be running a series of gigs in the Temple Bar Music Centre in the coming months and I need your help.

Firstly, I want established bands to send me demos (including bands who know I have their stuff already), so PM me and I'll give you my postal address. If you have press packs that'd be great also, if not then maybe you should think about putting something together. It's not essential but it's a good thing to have if your in any way serious about trying to make it in this industry. A contact name and number, e-mail address and website for your band would be helpful aswell.

These gigs will be attended by A&R people from big record companies (Ireland and UK) which is the reason I'm doing this.

Most importantly...you HAVE to bring a crowd with you. It's not gonna look good to A&R people if there isn't a decent crowd there to see you play. I'll be working on promoting these gigs myself aswell.

Bands don't have to pay and it's not going to be more than €5 to attend so if there's a really good crowd then the bands will get any money left over after venue/promotional costs are covered. If not, there's always the knowledge that your band has been seen by A&R people from big record labels!

Any questions? PM me.

Thanks,
    Sandi

Advertisement