Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

a job for ComReg?

Options
  • 26-02-2004 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭

Drama++ as expected with the new phone line/account number.

First of all, I had clicksilver in my old house... I recently moved house (about 3 weeks ago) and opted to keep my old phone number. Eircom however opted not to let me keep my old phone number and supplied me with a new one. After much bitching and moaning I managed to get them to switch me back over to my old number and about three or four days later they even managed to update my account details in the databse. I supplied UTV with the new account number and my old phone number (the one that was enabled on the line some 4 days previous) so they could set about transferring my clicksilver account. Eircom told me it would take up to 3 working days for UTV to be able to access the updated details and put my dsl order through.

Surprise, surprise... Eircom have screwed it all up. It seems there is no communication between Eircom and Eircom wholesale because if I enquire which phone number is associated with my account number (on 1901) I'm given the correct number whereas when UTV try to put the order through it is being rejected because the a/c number & phone number don't match. It's becoming a royal pain in the arse as you can imagine. I rang Eircom yesterday who informed me that I would have to contact UTV, who have to 'request an updated copy of the database'. Smells like bull to me. Then rang UTV who confirmed this was bull and went on about eircom wholesale for a few minutes.

Anyway, I've grown tired of waiting so I've decided to become a bit pro-active on the matter. I'd like my CS to be reconnected some time before Christmas after all... Is there anyone specific in ComReg I should bitch to?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Originally posted by rymus
    Is there anyone specific in ComReg I should bitch to?

Mail info@comreg.ie and cc phil.nolan@eircom.ie

What is the phone number of Eircom Wholesale by the way ....twould be handy for some of us :D ........

M

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Cheers Muck, I'm getting out my book of big, important sounding words as I write this..

phone number for eircom wholesale? Are you seriously suggesting that this group of uber-subversives can be contacted by the likes of us; mere mortals? The thought boggles the mind!

(I wouldn't 'alf mind knowing that number though :D)

something just occured to me actually.. If the details I gave UTV don't match what UTV have access to on my Eircom account, surely I should not be able to avail of any UTV services? I currently have a temporary UTVip XL Lite account setup, but surely this could not have been done if my account number & phone number didnt match on Eircom's side?

Cheers once again Muck, just got this reply from eircom;

Re: Account number XXXXXXXXXX
    Telephone number 021 XXXXXXX

Thank you for taking the time to e-mail the Chief Executive of eircom, in relation to an issue you are experiencing with successfully processing an order for UTV broadband.

eircom Retail's records show the above details which are correct. I am in the process of investigating the situation with eircom Wholesale and will keep you informed of progress.

I apologise for any inconvenience caused by the delay in rectifying the situation and will endeavour to resolve your case as soon as possible.

Kindest regards,
    Pheena Lonergan
    Escalations Manager
    Customer Care Marketing
    01 7012469

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭shinzon

Good old pheena lonergan, pity she did **** all for me when i asked those many moons ago for ADSL radsl or actually anything resembling broadband

Shin

• Advertisement

Originally posted by rymus
    Cheers once again Muck, just got this reply from eircom;
    Re: Account number XXXXXXXXXX
    Telephone number 021 XXXXXXX

Do thank Pheena, that was a prompt and courteous reply if ever I saw one. Pity the 1901 mob cannot manage a consistent approach to common civility but thats for another thread .

While twiddling your thumbs, see if you can order Eircom BB on your new provisioning.

Success in placing an order could indicate to a cynic such as I that the information flow between Retail and Wholesale may be biased against the other carriers.

Do keep Comreg in the loop, we dont want them to erroneously claim that they never knew about these practises when they come up in front of the Competition Commission (shortly I hear ) .

M

Originally posted by Muck
    While twiddling your thumbs, see if you can order Eircom BB on your new provisioning.

That was the plan, but as my line is currently failing (it's been in less than a month so it's likely that it hasnt had a test run on it yet) I dont think I'll have much success if I go ringing the eircom dsl crowd. I dont really want to risk them putting an order through mistakenly either cos that'll just screw utv up further.

Theres definately something to all this bitching and moaning stuff... In my above post my line was failing, but as of 2 mins ago it's passing. Good old Pheena!

<edit>
    Actually come to think of it, Eircom wholesale must have have gotten a shot in the nuts too because I checked on the IOL site and my line is passing there too...

Good One Rymus.

M

End of this saga is that I'm now back on clicksilver for all of half an hour... Activated today, exactly one month after I moved house. Time to fire off a few thank you emails now.. might send Pheena a box of chocs and a bunch of flowers :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement