Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom and Direct Debit

Options
  • 25-02-2004 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭

Back in November 2003, nearly 300 euro was taken from my bank account by Eircom by direct debit. I only pay line rental to them and the codes on my bank statement for this amount and the (correct) amount taken from the account for the line rental were the same.

The reference code for the amount has identified by my bank that it was Eircom who took the money. Even the direct debit department of my bank has identified that the amount was withdrawn by Eircom and STILL Eircom denies that they withdrew the money!!!

I pay call charges and internet to Esat BT (and have done for some time) and they are clearly identified as such on my bank statement.

Has anyone had this kind of problem with Eircom? Did you resolve it? Or is time for me to take Eircom to the Small Claims Court? :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭obewan

Originally posted by genie
    Back in November 2003, nearly 300 euro was taken from my bank account by Eircom by direct debit. I only pay line rental to them and the codes on my bank statement for this amount and the (correct) amount taken from the account for the line rental were the same.

The reference code for the amount has identified by my bank that it was Eircom who took the money. Even the direct debit department of my bank has identified that the amount was withdrawn by Eircom and STILL Eircom denies that they withdrew the money!!!

I pay call charges and internet to Esat BT (and have done for some time) and they are clearly identified as such on my bank statement.

Has anyone had this kind of problem with Eircom? Did you resolve it? Or is time for me to take Eircom to the Small Claims Court? :mad:

I didn't have this problem but I think it's time for you to take a more vigorous stance and at the very least threaten Court Action to them.

Mick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭De Rebel

Way too early for court action. Mistakes happen. Dispute the transaction. Contact your bank, and ask them to investigate it. There are agreements in place between the banks to facilitate investigation of disputed transactions.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

My bank have been and are still investigating the transaction. They even rang Eircom and got absolutely nowhere with them. I am not going to let this go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭ElNino

I would suggest getting a letter from your bank stating what happened and send it to Phil Nolan with a covering letter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

My bank have been and are still investigating the transaction. They even rang Eircom and got absolutely nowhere with them. I am not going to let this go.

They did this to me a while back. They refused to talk until I threatened them with court action.

Tell them if you dont get your cash back within 7 days you will sue. Send by registered letter to company secretary, Mr. Mason. They will fold within 48 hours.

Give em hell.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

If you go down that path, the important thing is to follow up if they don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,684 ✭✭✭jd

Do/did you have an account with any of their subsidiaries (eg phonewatch, eircomnet etc) - they may have applied the dd, and it wouldn't appear on the phone bill.

Advertisement