Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cullen ready for Munster debut

Options
  • 25-02-2004 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭

Hope to see him get a good long run out.

http://www.rugby.ie/news/breaking.asp?b=135810

Former All Black star Christian Cullen is primed to make his Munster debut in Friday night's Celtic League appointment with Neath-Swansea Ospreys.

Munster pulled off a major coup in signing Cullen in July 2003, but the 28-year-old full-back injured his shoulder while on domestic duty in New Zealand last summer and required surgery to correct the problem.

But he has made a full recovery and is scheduled to play some part in the clash at Musgrave Park, although Munster coach Alan Gaffney has not yet decided whether he will be included in the starting line-up.

"All I can say at this juncture is that he will be included in the squad. But it's too early in the week to say what the composition of the 22 will be," said Gaffney.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Jilm

Originally posted by Trojan
    Former All Black star Christian Cullen is primed to make his Munster debut in Friday night's Celtic League appointment with Neath-Swansea Ospreys.
    TG4 will be broadcasting the game as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Fantastic signing for Munster.
    Can't wait to see him in action.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭daosulli

Originally posted by daveirl
    Got my ticket all ready to go. Let's hope he doesn't crack under the pressure!

Crack under the Pressure!!!! .............. The man in a legend, remember he has scored 46 tries in his 58 appearances for New Zealand. He might be nervous, but thats all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

I think we lost it at half back and in the line out. Very disappointing to watch. Mossie and Reddan are to of my fav players for the future but as a combination they lack experience yesterday.

Line out was well below par and Cullen was spoilled at every chance, thought the ref would keep an eye out for that :/

• Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Got a link to a match report (or give us one)? I heard it was a very exciting game, but that's all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

Think your being a bit harsh on Reddan his pass wasnt that slow I think Mossie was more disapointing he just can’t kick.

Advertisement