Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cigarette burn in carpet

Options
  • 23-02-2004 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭

Not sure if I should have this thread here, but it's a DIY job I've gotta do so maybe it is. Anyway, myself and my flatmate had a small gathering in the apartment over the weekend and somebody burned a half-centimetre hole in the carpet. Well, maybe not a hole, but it's burned the colour out of it.

Does anyone know if there's a way of fixing that? I know I could just cut tufts off some bit in the corner and glue them in, but that's not going to last.

Cheers,

Si.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 fre

You can't really fix it perfectly.

You can excise a section of the carpet and use a new peice glued in properly will look ok, but if it's an old or discoloured a new peice will stick out.

Move the furniture over it maybe??

• Registered Users Posts: 78,313 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Try getting the carpet laundered professisonally.

On the cheap, use detergent and a stiff nail brush.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭SuprSi

We had a guy in yesterday and he did a great job - the hole is looking a lot less like a hole at the moment. We'll still need to do something to hide it completely, but it's definitely better than it was.

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

We did a job with some nail varnish once! Fortunately, the carpet colour was sort of nail varnish coloured so it was a matter of picking the right shade. We found that we had to apply some bonding-like stuff first because the carpet soaked the nail varnish up. Did the trick! Until we got the carpet cleaned :(

Advertisement