Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Geordan Murphy be back for the England match?

Options
  • 23-02-2004 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭

Will Dempsey be back? He played almost the full game for leicester on saturday!

If i were Eddie i would have to put him on the bench. If dempsey plays England will kick to him all day, they won't be afraid he can cause damage. I really would like to see Geordan back for the Game vs England :) . We need to be able to attack from deep and with some sort of creativity other then the ol' Garryowen. I know he's not match fit but surely an unfit Murphy is better then a fit Dempsey!!

Opinions?

Should Eddie O Sullivan Select Geordan Murphy For the England Match? 13 votes

No, He's not fit enough yet.
    0% 0 votes
    Yes, but on the bench.
    46% 6 votes
    Yes, put him on from the start, off with Dempsey!
    53% 7 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

unfit then no way. two weeks after your come back into the world champs first competive game at home since trophy. not a chance.Shouldn't risk him on bech either, the same thing could happen as at wknd, injury after 5 mins and he plays for the entire game. Too great a risk IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

i'm not saying he's unfit. I'm saying he not be international match fit!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

I'm in no postion to assess his fitness. I believe he won't be fit enough. I also believe he shouldn't be sprung of the bench because, as I outlined, he could be rqrd way earlier than hoped, with negative repcussions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭bdiddy

Get him out there. O'Drisc came back from an (much more minor) injury to great effect. This is the BIG game this year for Ireland and we should have our big players. I'd hate to see Dempsey fumbling around again cos he wont get away with it.

Another point of view is to save him for a while of the game cos England are going to come out all guns blazin for thier first test match in front of thier home crowd and shatter Ireland. Murphy mightnt be ready for that kinda pressure just yet but we could put D'Arcy back, bring in Maggs and then bring in Geordan Murphy if the pace abides a bit so he can add even more creativity and options

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 carl carlson

God I hope so . If i have to sit through another match with dempsey wearing 15 i will loose all confidence in ireland

• Advertisement
Advertisement