Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice Re Modding my PS2?

Options
  • 23-02-2004 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Have a silver edition PS2 and was thinking of adding a modchip. Was looking at the different options - DMS3 V2.0 / DMS3 V9 ModChip / MAGIC Pro / Slide Card Set V3
    available and was wondering if anyone had any advice about doing this? I have all the soldering equipment I need, was just wondering what is the best way of going about it. any info appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭thelad

firstly there should be diagrams for the chip acailable from whereever you buy it and also you need to do this check before modding esp in the silver ps2s...
    http://www.ripper-chip.com/ripper2/files/Dead-V9-Story1.3.pdf
    I now do these v9/10s but always carry out the above test first..
    Apparently link is dead try www.pstation.co.uk for info

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

If you only want to play backups, then a magic V 50K or messiah2 will do the job nicely.. if you are worried about the soldering then go for a matrix mxl2 as it has less wires. www.techtrix.co.uk are reliable chip suppliers :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 samtheman

get a slide card for a v9 instead of a chip frying it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

Its not the chip that fries it. Thats a known fact by now.

Advertisement