Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF Clan

Options
  • 20-02-2004 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭

Ok. Seriously considering gettin' a clan going.
    Before I do anything I'm just gauging the level of interest amoungst the community.

Any takers?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Id go for it

Been in star trek gameing clans for 2 years now.....but their dieing off because of a lack of game support and Bf1942 dc is my favourt game

So ya id go for it.......Might be able to convice dataisgod to join as well

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

yes yes you could quite easily convince me. granted i can't give the game a lot of time at the moment but will do in the summer

how do theres fps clans work, used to faf about with clans in ra2 once but there was clan rankings and such whats the purpose in bf?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Instant Karma

I would definately be interested. At the moment I'm in the process of joining a bf42 clan but would consider not doing so, especially if it was a majority Irish clan....to be honest though I'm not really into seeking top spot i'm only after having fun with a bit of teamplay (i'm fed up running around like a headless chicken)...and if your interested I **maybe** could convince the former no. 1 ranked player to join..he aint Irish but has Irish interests...dude is the feckin brilliant!!
    hes just left his clan and asked me to join his old clan with him....but this is a good idea and seems to me that all the elements are here!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

May aswell give it a bash.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

sign me up too I suppose. Only on ISDN though, so not sure if that'll be a problem.

Are we talking about dc or vanilla?

• Advertisement

I play on ISDN and have no problems playing on large (>>40 player) servers. Oh and it better be DC or you can take me off :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Id be interested as well, ISDN or wireless here.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Vendetta

I joined a clan a while ago and they gave me admin powers but im irish and am part

of the alpha squad. Unfortunately no-one else has joined the squad since so i was

looking for irish players for DC and then Veitnam. If ur intersested u could join the

clan wit irish players only or if it doesn`t work out id be interested in joing urs.

There is only a few irish mates on my team so might give urs a bash.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Yup i'd be be interested in yur joining yur clan jim. should be a good laugh :) sign me up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Great idea Jim.

Sign me up.

Luc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

im interested in playing too.

Im a total noob, but since i got my joysick i can fly the choppers like a mofo :)

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭joe90

I would be keen also Jim,count me in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

Id be keen on joining

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Eh,

The lazy man inside me was secretly hoping onone would reply :)

Oh well, I'll see what i can get together in the next few days. Winty has agreed to do the site so that will mean it will be teh sex :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ssh

Yep, I'd love to play in a clan.

I'm fairly okay at it.

Ok, I'm going to call the clan "The Irish Guard" for now.
    If anyone has any (helpfull) suggestions please feel free to shout.

Now to get us a forum

Would we be able to close Cavan combat server for say 1-3 hours for one day a week so we can Train on our own at all ? that would be great

Have you run a clan before Jim ?

I kinda co-ran a dod clan with winters back in the day, ITF.

It was kind of a bit of a distaster in the end, but i hope to learn from my mistakes ;)

Well iv ran star trek gameing clans and have been in clans for 2 year's so if i can help at all id be happy to :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Originally posted by Jimeatsmenu
    It was kind of a bit of a distaster in the end, but i hope to learn from my mistakes ;)

More like learn from my mistakes ;)
    Winters is a lazy gobshite, well not so much lazy as disturbed. I scare myself sometimes. Also I begin work on stuff for this BF clan soon. Another thing to be added to my busy schedule.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Winters
    my busy schedule.

That would be your drinking and harrassing women that come into your shop then.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Lets not forget about the odd time I do actually make it into DCU for a lecture or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

I'd be well on for joining a clan.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

I'd be on for joining im kinda ok at battlefield i love it so!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Originally posted by Asok
    I'd be on for joining im kinda ok at battlefield i love it so!

if you love it so then you will buy your own copy and give me back my cdkey :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

Count me in big time. There is nothing like playing a game of DC with people you know who listen to requests for help etc.

I posted a similar request up a few months ago but htis has got way more response.

I feel that we shouldnt take it too seriously and always remember the fun element of it no matter what.

As for names someone posted that a meaningful name is cack and I sort of thought about it and agreed. I feel that everyone should post a possible name up and then everyone vote. If you shoot the idea down then so be it.

My name is "Craggy Island Massive" or "CiM"

If we are up for forming a clan then are we gonna have an exclusive server or just use Cavan.

The Fairy.

Still on ISDN but with BB about 6 months away.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,296 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I'll join. I can fly heli's easily, bombers with grace, dog fight alright, and I love being a Special Ops... sniping, C4ing, etc. :ninja:

Lets call it the "Irish Republican Desert Army", or IRDA for short.

Below is took me about 5 minutes or so with mspaint. I can do a better job in Photoshop, if ye want ;)

IRDA-5min_mspaint_job.jpg

I have a better idea!

Lets not!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ssh

Some of us mightn't be too keen on playing a game under that banner.

The Irish Guard is fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Originally posted by the_syco
    I'll join. I can fly heli's easily, bombers with grace, dog fight alright, and I love being a Special Ops... sniping, C4ing, etc. :ninja:

Lets call it the "Irish Republican Desert Army", or IRDA for short.

Below is took me about 5 minutes or so with mspaint. I can do a better job in Photoshop, if ye want ;)

IRDA-5min_mspaint_job.jpg

Wow, look, youve got an AK in there and all... :rolleyes:

Matt

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement