Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What RAM?

Options
  • 20-02-2004 5:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭

just got my Asus P4C800-E Deluxe in the post from overclockers.co.uk just need some advice on getting ram. mostly ill be playing games offline and online mostly online, price wise if its worth if ill pay the money. any opinions would be great

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

what processor do you have and do you plan on overclocking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Bu11et_Proof

sending away for the p4 3.2 800mhz FSB next week, in terms of overclocking never done before, sure ill see how it goes wheni get it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

well your choice of ram will depend on whether you want to overclock or not, if your not overclocking i suggest just getting some decent pc3200 ram, that runs at 200mhz same as your front side bus, however with p4's you can get real nice overclocks out of them by upping the front side bus and generally you'll want some decent ram high frequency capable ram so that when you overclock the fsb on your processor you can take the ram along with it in a 1:1 e.g if you run your processor at 250mhz fsb its good to run the ram at the same frequency if you can manage it.

http://www.anandtech.com/memory/index.html

it would be worth your while trawling through some reviews here, tbh i can't suggest ram to you for an intel platform as quickly as i'd be able to for an amd one but you should get some ideas here and i'll take a quick look as well, for your general information, corsair, ocz and mushkin are quality ram manufacturers

good luck

data

Advertisement