Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Club Hurling Semi Replay - NS v OLG

Options
  • 20-02-2004 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭

All Ireland Club Hurling Semi Final

Sunday 15th, Semple Statium, Newtownshandrum (Cork) 1-16 O'Louglin Gaels (Killkenny) 0-19

Replay Saturday 21st, Semple Stadium at 2:30

Was anyone here at the game last Sunday or seen it on TG4?

The replay should be a cracker, a different Ref too!

For more info on the match & more check out www.newtownshandrum.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Yavvy

saw some of the game...looked like a cracker... cant tell whos going to win it.... but i would support the leinster team !

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭WezzyB

Well, I'll be shouting for Newtownshandrum, they are my home parish after all ;)

They play an exciting brand of hurling, some ppl like others detest it.

Hopefully the O'Connor twins will be fully fit for the replay both were crucial last sunday. Andy Comerford got left for dust by Ben O'Connor and Martin Comerford was well contained, he missed a few simple scores too. I'm sure that if the Comerfords are on better form it'll be a far tougher game for Newtown, they will have to up their performance a lot, something like the form they had in the Munster and Cork Championships is required plus another 20%!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Yavvy

with finals like this it all come down to who wants it more. who has the bottle and that sort of thing...

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭WezzyB

You are right about it being 'who wants it more', the replay on saturday, which Newtown won was very close for most of the match up until the last 5-10 minutes and then Newtown's defence totally shut down OLG.
    I'm glad that they are going to be in the final on Croke Park something to be very proud off!

The result was:
    Full Time: Newtownshandrum 0-14 O'Loughlin Gaels 1-8
    Half Time: Newtownshandrum 0-8 O'Loughlin Gaels 1-4

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭MoSeS_.

Glory Newtown!
    Roll on Paddy's day, can't wait.
    Should be some laugh with the whole village out on the rip in Dublin.

• Advertisement
Advertisement