Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VB 6.0 question

Options
  • 19-02-2004 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭

Need to write an application (in vb 6.0) in which its only window will remain on screen regardless of any other applications running. For example the program is called at startup and remains visible on screen at all times despite the user opening any other app. Anybody got any ideas?? Thanks in advance...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭boo-boo

off the top of my head, I haven't enough time to check it out , but can you use the Modal keyword when showing a form ? If you can that'll do the trick I think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Beef

Yeah but will that prevent the user from being able to open/use the applications behind my app until the modal window is destroyed? Sorry I should have said that initially. All programs must remain functional also...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Check out this link http://vbhelp.info/kb/kb0080006 for some sample code.

It uses the Windows API to make a form stay on top of above all other apps and prevents users resizing or moving it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Beef

Worked a treat! cheers slim... ;)

Advertisement