Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Little Help.. Please?

Options
  • 19-02-2004 11:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭

Hey folks, doing a project at the moment for college and need to do a bit of primary research.

You people seem to be well into your extreme sports and getting major highs and thrills, am I right??

Just wondering, why did you decide to get into your varous sports/activities?
    And why do you find that these sports/activities give you your highs?
    Where do you go to take part in these activiteis?

Any feedback would be really really appreciated!
    Thanks in advance!
    eves

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

Yes.

They give me my high because - to take skateboarding for an example -- I never in my wildest dreams thought I would be able to do some of the things I can do now.
    Pulling it off gives me an incredible feeling and it makes me feel ecstatically happy.
    After breaking down barriers that you previously never touched on, your confidence grows and you break more barriers in terms of your own natural progression by trying harder, gaining confidence from the fact that you thought the last thing you did was previously thought to be impossible.
    It feels fast, can be dangerous, builds confidence, I do it with my friends and enjoy the company, there's so much variety to it I feel I could never ever be bored of it and I don't know what else...

Being 25 and feeling like a bit of a wanker if I go out into public places and am disturbing people with noise or whatnot ,I skate mostly at a Skatepark out on the Drumcondra Rd. Upper (Opposite the Jury's Skylon hotel -- next door to Breaks Snooker club -- behind the row of restaurants and to the right of the Ivy House aka McCarthy's if you are looking at the entrance - 8377533 is the shop Ph. no if you need directions)

If you really want me to elaborate anymore than that, feel free to send a pm..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭PrecariousNuts

Just wondering, why did you decide to get into your varous sports/activities?

Spur of the moment decision really (ski/snowboard)

And why do you find that these sports/activities give you your highs?

I believe it is the feeling of risk taking everytime you come down a slope at speed or do a jump etc. You just can't beat the feeling you get flying past everyone on a slope with the freezing wind blowing in your face and just being able to let go.

Where do you go to take part in these activiteis?

Abroad, mainly France or in Kilternan dry slopes. Although I find kilternan very boring now, I don't get any excitement or rush from it whatsoever anymore.

Advertisement