Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bowie and the darkness confirmed for oxegen

Options
  • 19-02-2004 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭

Two headline acts have been confirmed for oxegen,at puncherstown july 1oth 11th.

David Bowie and the dreaded the darkness have been confirmed.lets hope the line up improves dramatically:rolleyes:

Some good news,same prices as last year.........

tickets on sale march 5th.

www.mcd.ie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭luce

The Darkness????????? Sorry folks, but the novelty wore off long ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

The darkness are crap but bowie was amazing when I saw him at the point altough its unlikly that he will do a 2 1/2 hour set like then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

i'd like to go see bowie and maybe throw things at the darkness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

I'm ridiculously happy about Bowie headlining. :D
    Thought I'd be happier about The Darkness, still pleased though.
    I'm there with things on.
    xm

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭legofsalmon

Now I know this two are confirmed for t in the park, and the old witnness was its sister festival sharing headliners and that.

T in the park this year have muse and wait for it........the pixies also confirmed for this years festival along with bowie and the darkness.

Is anyone slightly excited about that? It would mean me not shelling out 60 euro to put up the chili peppers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

it's a pity about the name change, it was a bit hard to get over at the start but now roll on oxygen........... bit of a crap name though Witnness was such a class name.. but i guess Guinness are headin for hard times so can't afford to sponsor it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

Muse and the Pixies would be amazing... but I wouldn't get your hopes up. Muse will probably play but I think the Pixies is a bit unlikely.

See all the ads for Phoenix Park saying exclusive first ever date in Ireland blah dee blah...? Me suspects contract for Pixies to play with the chilis may stipulate that they can't play other Irish gigs. Just a thought.

But we can always dream...

And feckin hell if the Pixies are put below the Darkness on the oxegan bill I'll go mad!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭ilovehoovering

last year i think it was REM who played T but not ****nness because they were doing other gigs in Ireland...it's most of the same bands still though...Pixies would've been better at that new stoopidass named thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭The Weatherman

someone give me something to do while Bowie's on!:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

Watch him ya gob****e. ;)
    xm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭buzzerbuckley

the chemical brothers and N.E.R.D have now been added.

no world beaters yet..........:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

N.E.R.D.!? Jeeeezus christ!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭butterfly

who do we have to petition/ get our attractive cousins/sisters/sheep/nuns to sleep with to get the pixies to play *witnness replacement festival*?? who???

but WWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO i love bowie.. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Jolene

Pixies won't play.

According to their website their European tour ends 10th July.

Fortunately, I shall get to see them play Roskilde.

nyahahaahaaa and so on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 robwDIT

pixies wont be able to play. i think the thing is wit the deal at pheonix park is that they cant play here for 3 or6months before or after. thats the way it is for the frames anyway so same rule apply i would think. damn promoters. thats why you would never get a band playin 2 summer gigs in ireland close together.

Advertisement