Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crucial RAM - same as already using ???

Options
  • 18-02-2004 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have an ASUS A7V333MHz MB / AMD PC2700+ 2.67GHz with 512 MB of Crucial RAM ( CT6464z335 - 2700 DDR-DIM CL 2.5 6ns N/P 64 * 64 ).

I am playing quite a few games now especially Championship Manager 03/04 which is a hungry beast.

I am wondering is I bought another 512Mb of Ram whether this would have a vast effect on the game and it's running speed. If this will improve the performance big time should I buy the exact same ram as I already have €75 from Crucial or €87 from Komplett or would you guys & gals have any suggestions / recommendations.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

it depends. how are you finding the system now? Is Champ man slow running? Most people say 512MB is usually enough for most games but others prefer the 1gb to be sure.

the rest of your system is pretty good so you're probably not being held back anywhere else. To answer your question, based on what you're using the system at the moment then chances are adding another 512MB won't make a "vast" difference. up to you though.

you could try borrow a stick of ram from a friend and see do you notice an immediate difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,306 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Whats your Gfx card like?, adding an extra 512MB will give you a slight increase in performance, use task manager to check if you use more then 512 when you are playing any game (Cntr-Tab).

Advertisement