Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slane confirmed already?

Options
  • 17-02-2004 10:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭

When do they announce the slane line up?

I heard they had confirmed it to be AC/DC and The Darkness?

but surely they couldnt already confirm it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭James R

Its usually around March sometime if memory serves me correctly

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭cyberspider

The Darkness probably wont be playing Slane because I know for a fact that they are playing at Witnness this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Stifler

and how do you know that for a fact!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭cyberspider

Because I was told by one of the lads in the band after christmas. He was asking we where Punchestown was.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by Stifler
    and how do you know that for a fact!

its on mcd.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Well, it was in the cards anyway since they were confirmed for the T in the Park Festival over two months ago.

Announcements for Slane can vary. Last year it was announced in February, which is pretty early, yet the year before (Stereophonics) it was announced in late May. All in all though, once the V Festival announces its lineup over the next month or so you'd be able to give a pretty good guess of who's playing or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Stoodgy

I really want the Cure to play in Ireland this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

id expect the slane organisers to announce now, since the oxygen line up has just been announced in order to retaliate

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

bring back teh Rolling Stones tbh, ill prolly go if there are decent bands, and no The Darkness are not a decent band

Originally posted by weemcd
    id expect the slane organisers to announce now, since the oxygen line up has just been announced in order to retaliate

Eh. They're the same organisers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 skyway

Heard on 2FM earlier this morning that Madonna is 'hotly tipped' to play Slane this summer. I think the DJ was quoting it from today's Star.

Disappointing news to say the least........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭smelly girl

they have to be taking the piss. who'd go see her..........

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭kanurocks

Anyway lord whats his face (slane dude) wants to keep it a rock venue.Madonna would never have a chance thats a stupid rumor started by every ones annoying little sisters.(or something to that extent).I dony think they can top last year though.It was brilliant !go slane!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭wiped

please please please .. let it be The Who ......

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Strokes are headlining the V Festival in the UK. Slane generally bases its lineup on that, doesn't it?

Originally posted by NekkidBibleMan
    Strokes are headlining the V Festival in the UK. Slane generally bases its lineup on that, doesn't it?

Since they're already confirmed for Oxegen, they won't be playing Slane.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭savemejebus

how great would a monsters of rock at slane be, Maiden, AC/DC, velvet revolver ....

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭kanurocks

eh ..........yeah cool!(look shocked and move slowly toards the cake).Any who im off to slane.ie to see what the crack is .I will let yee know if theres any news.:D

Advertisement