Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Component shops in Dublin City?

Options
  • 17-02-2004 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭

Is there any shops in Dublin who stock PC mod gear?
    In particular, I am looking for a windowed blue side panel for a Chieftec case. Now I know the net is the best place, but I dont have access to a credit card at the moment.

If anybody knows of any shops who sell PC components in Dublin city, let me know.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Nu7jOb

maplins and peats on or around parnell street

... bring a big wallet !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭jonhate

IT Direct on Parliament St. might be able to track a supplier for that part.....I'd try them or Peats.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

I was on Peats website - a tad expensive. I will pay a visit. Is there any other shops at all? If so, let me know. I will be in Dublin on weekend and I need to get a few things for my PC.

Thanks peoples : )

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Sir Random

When you go to Peats, Maplins is just around the corner (beside big Toy Store). Maplins have a large catalogue of stuff, so ask at the counter for specific items as lots of stuff is not on display.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

Nice one Sir.

I will have a look. I didnt think Maplins was in Ireland for some reason? I will ask. I had a look at komplett just there - new look and stock, very nice. See, I used my mates card to get all my gear previously but I dont have that luxary now : (

If I apply for one myself I will go mad with it and buy the internet or somethin stupid lol.

Thanks for info, any more appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

Originally posted by Loobz
    Is there any shops in Dublin who stock PC mod gear?
    In particular, I am looking for a windowed blue side panel for a Chieftec case. Now I know the net is the best place, but I dont have access to a credit card at the moment.

If anybody knows of any shops who sell PC components in Dublin city, let me know.

Marx-computers

i buy of them all the time

www.marx-computers.com

in fairview

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

For modding stuff,as the lads said maplin is ok for that,peats do a lot of sharkoon stuff ( http://www.sharkoon.com/all_eng.htm ) and IT direct do a lot of coolermaster and antec modding gear down the back of the shop/and are the cheapest imo.

CombatCow

• Registered Users Posts: 65,023 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Originally posted by Loobz
    If I apply for one myself I will go mad with it and buy the internet or somethin stupid lol

LOL, just get a (free) cc and set the limit to say €500 and tick the box that says you pay balance from direct debit every month

Works a treat as you will buy and receive something, then start saving for it and by the time you've saved for it, you'll pay for it :)

e.g. something bought with a cc today, you will pay for on April 1st. Won't cost you a cent in interest :cool:

Advertisement