Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another reason to like BOD...

Options
  • 16-02-2004 9:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭

… he beat the shít out of Austin Healy on the 2001 Lions Tour, it seems. This is from The Times, in an interview with legends Keith Wood and Brian Moore…
    My favourite tour tale is from the professional days, Wood says.

In 2001, with the Lions in Australia, it was about ten days after Ronan O’Gara had the head punched off him and Austin Healey was trying to get him to do a boxing match. O’Gara didn’t want anything to do with it so Brian O’Driscoll stepped in. ‘I’ll have a go’, he said.

Brian put the gloves on and about 20 guys formed a ring round Brian and Austin. Austin throws the first punch, a very subtle one. Brian ducks under it and smacks a full-blown upper-cut back. It was unbelievable.

Austin’s cranky as a bag of cats by now, so swings one. O’Driscoll ducks and bang he comes back. There were ten unanswered punches everyone of them full blown and beautiful. The towels were being thrown in from the guys around the edge.
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,5584-996328,00.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

Ya would have thought Healy's wig had some self defense mechanism.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭R33F

Originally posted by Jilm
    … he beat the shít out of Austin Healy on the 2001 Lions Tour, it seems. This is from The Times, in an interview with legends Keith Wood and Brian Moore…
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,5584-996328,00.html

I was standing in a lil' pub in Rathmines watching the Waratahs v Lions in 2001

Duncan McRae rained about a dozen punches onto Ronan O'Gara's face.

The whole pub forgot the game and looked at the only bloke in the pub with a Waratahs Jersey on. (me)

Not a nice moment in rugby, and definately a moment I was ashamed to be wearing the jersey of my states team.

Like alot of Aussies, I am very passionate about my rugby, and am the first to cheer at a huge tackle/ big hit. But bad sportmanship isnt needed in the game.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

Hehe!!! :D

Now you know why he is the Irish captain!!!

Gwan the O'Driscoll

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭bdiddy

Who da man?? (give u a clue.....it's not Healy)

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭R33F

thinkin' the Wallabies stormed back to take the 2001 Lions series

2 - 1 didnt they ???

:p

• Advertisement
Advertisement