Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corrs tour Ireland!

Options
  • 15-02-2004 4:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hey people, i'm a new member to this site, but just thought that i'd let ya know that the Corrs are to do 4 gigs in Ireland including 23rd June The Odyssey Belfast, 26th June Killarney Fitzgerald Stadium as part of Summerfest, and 28th/29th June at The Point in Dublin. Tickets went on sale on Friday but i think they're still available at :

http://www.ticketmaster.ie

It should be a good show as their new album is due out around this time!

Take care - c ya there maybe?!

80s Kid :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Very kind of you *0's Kid. Do MCD provide any of their new staff with training these days??? Or maybe your one of these boards trolls trying to stir it up!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 80s Kid

That's very kind of you Brian, i've never been referred to as a "troll" before, but no i can confirm that i comply with neither of your allegations.

I just count the band in question as one that i like, and i thought i'd supply the info for anyone of a likeminded nature, as they've been quiet for a while now. Sorry if that offends you, but we don't all drink from the same cup

Take care 80s Kid

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

I hope you get banned soon :D

It'll make my day!

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Rockiemalt

oh dear.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭MrGump

when will the hate end?

Answer: Never.

Don't cry for me, i'm already dead...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 robwDIT

sounds like a typical professional response.
    i smell a rat. remember wat happened with the balck death.lets take a lesson from history

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 robwDIT

and another thing when has phantom ever played the corrs!

I am so flattered that you could possibly think that my appropriate use of English was a professional response. Do you think i may be suited to a career in PR ;)

I wave the white flag, sad though it is i am honestly completely unrelated to MCD. It's sad i know but i am genuinely just a fan, and you'll know i'm telling the truth when i admit i'm Scottish and we never lie - just drink a lot and eat haggis!

Anyway i think my plight here is a lost cause, but it's great to hear from people so devastatingly opposed to the band, it's a completely different slant from the norm for me. Would i regain any face by saying i also like; U2, REM, Del Amitri, Simple Minds, The Frames, Fleetwood Mac, The Cranberries, The Counting Crows etc.... Or am i still fighting the losing battle?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

Oops, sorry. Didn't mean to post here and now I can't delete it so I thought I better say something. :dunno:
    xm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

Originally posted by 80s Kid
    Would i regain any face by saying i also like; U2, REM, Del Amitri, Simple Minds, The Frames, Fleetwood Mac, The Cranberries, The Counting Crows etc....

lol eh no:D

• Advertisement

Oh well i tried. It coulda been worse i might have said something really degrading like Westlife or Ronan Keating, or Atomic Kittens !!lol

Well i shall go just now, and perhaps i'll see some of ya at the Point on the 28th/29th June with tickets still available to purchase at all the usual ticketmaster outlets or by phone........................................hahahaha JUST KIDDING

Slainte - Heather :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 kenna

than a Corrs concert. Sorry 80's kid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭bandit

If you can get me a private box where nobody can see what I'm doing from the shoulders down and my view of Jim is obscurred I'm there....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Russ

With ya all the way on that Bandit! But I did hear that when they further whored themselves selling Pepsi, the guys in post-production had to reduce the size of their heads, as they looked disproportionate to their puny frames. Could have made their boobs bigger, huh? Sorry about that! But Heather - what in God's name were you thinking posting Corrs info on this board? Phantom has never played The Corrs. And I rather doubt anyone on this board gives 2 hoots about them. Agreed, different strokes for different folks. But come on - wise up. x

To Bandit, it's "obscured", and unfortuantely there are no boxes at the Point, but perhaps we could supply you with a thimble or something?

And Russ for someone who cares little about the band you appear to be pretty well informed.

Anyway what bands y'all into then? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 kenna

they're naff. Jim 's about two foot tall and looks like a librarian. I'm sure they have some kind of fansite for their few remaining fans. Why don't you post your 'feel good' messages on that? We don't give a s**t about singing leprachauns here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Cristina

hey guys,

I don´t understand your problem........
    I like the corrs very much and I think they have a lot of fans, although you don´t believe it.........
    Fans from all over the world!!!!!Right????:D

Cristina darling, sweetie, honey... and 80's kid
    Despite the fact that I think you're both trolls I'll be diplomatic.

Please educate yourseves on the nature of the forums you choose to pimp the Corrs on!

You're going to meet hostility from the people posting here as this forum is for Phantom FM a station which plays Rock/Indie/Metal/Alternative unforutunately not catering to fans of other "music genres" like yourselves.

Perhaps you would receive more positive feedback or receive other sycophantic Corrs lover comments from people on other boards here such as the Gigs/Events or Music/Radio fora situated in the Music drop down menu at the top of your screen.

If you require further assistance getting to these fora I'll supply you with links.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

the corrs are not just for christmas...

or any part of the year for that matter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭bandit

Originally posted by 80s Kid
    To Bandit, it's "obscured", and unfortuantely there are no boxes at the Point, but perhaps we could supply you with a thimble or something?

And Russ for someone who cares little about the band you appear to be pretty well informed.

Anyway what bands y'all into then? ;)

A thimble ???? Thats not even enough for my pre-cum:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Slaging a poor corrs fan is disgraceful these people need our help to overcome their love for turd-esque music like this not our critisisms.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Some people should be shot.

Corrs, ffs, I'd rather jerk off towards a fan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 GUINNESS POOH

HILLARIOUS!!!!!

I am laughing crying.

The corrs.

Talk about posting under the wrong bridge!! ha ha ha

80's kid... how on earth did you get a job in MCD. That's scary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Russ

Heather. If I appear to be "well informed" it's simply because The Corrs having their heads shrunk in post-production on the Pepsi ad was something I heard from a friend in the advertising business. I thought it was just a piss take. Clearly not. For you, who work for the band (because let's face it, noone could really like them), did not deny it. How long can you lot at Corrs HQ keep a secret of the fact that the drummer doesn't play on the their records or LIVE? The Whores need no dig outs on this forum!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Well if theyre touring I hope they have a one way ticket, and dont feckin come back.

Must be a big fan. Cant even spell their name right

Corrs is a weak pi$$ flavoured drink

Coors are a weak pi$$ poor diddly-aye band

Well thanks for all the response people!

I'll be honest, i've absolutely nothing to do with MCD, but i am involved with a site/board of the band in question.

I posted info on this site, and other irish sites which are music related, to see what kind of response the band are receiving at the moment. I must congratulate you on being the most negative overall response so far ;)

I shall leave you now, and wish you all the best with your board, and your musical interests.

Thanks for the input, it has been.........................................interesting -

Cheers - 80s Kid :D

Gah!
    Imigh as mo radhairc!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

Wow.

So, the Corrs, yea?........
    xm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Try Thumped.com

Theyll rip you a new one

• Advertisement