Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Trek Games

Options
  • 13-02-2004 7:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭

This is a good game to play during the opening music and credits of ST:TNG - everybody in the room has to duck to avoid getting hit by the Enterprise heading towards them on the TV screen. It's great fun (for a sad person like me!) and when, towards the end of the credits, the ship moves away into distant space, you have to pretend you're standing on top of it and trying not to fall off (like on a surf board).

Or else, taking a quote from Data and trying to work it into a normal conversation the next day and seeing if people find it strange.

Does anybody else do stuff like this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

yes but their mostly locked away in a mental home

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

I played that back in times long gone. Many many many years ago long before the time of DS9 VOY or ENT.... It was TNG season1/2 and i was oh so very young but yes i do remember that (except for me instead of surfing the enterpise at the end i think i pretended that it hit me in the back of the head.) I cant even remember what age i was... Do any of you remember what year TNG came out on TV in eurpe?

1987 i think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

When I was in primary school I used to play 'star trek' with the micromachines and 'battlestar Galactica' (run around pretending to be in a viper incase ya didn know ;) ) So ducking to avoid the Enterprise seems normal to me :D

I Wonder why there wasent star trek lego It would have been so interesting all those years ago when i had "Star Trek obsessive compulsive disorder"
    Now i have "Just got a cable modem and new computer a month ago obsessive compulsive disorder"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I had that a year and a half ago man. Have had 600k broadband for like 18 or so months at €40 a month. Doesn't get any better. There's no way i could go back to dial up now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

made lego starships...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Does anyone remember TNG board game?
    The one with the video you watched where a Klingon hijacks the Enterprise from a StarBase, and goes to try and restart the Federation Klingon war?

Was deadly, all his insults :)
    "You there! Human worm! Please ME!!!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Wait... something just dawned on me. The laughing... the pointing... the taunts of 'look at ya, ya fat headed klingon.' Ohh crap... i'm a trekkie! NNNNOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Originally posted by Jimeatsmenu
    Does anyone remember TNG board game?
    The one with the video you watched where a Klingon hijacks the Enterprise from a StarBase, and goes to try and restart the Federation Klingon war?

Was deadly, all his insults :)
    "You there! Human worm! Please ME!!!!"

i do indeed its sitting upstairs in a press :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

/me goes to search the attic.

i have TNG monopoly which i picked up cheap when we got it into work, but the cream of the crop is TNG pogs i've got somewhere.

also does anyone remember TNG sweets that used to be out, hard sweets that came with a hologram of a ship or something?

You people have far tomuch money

heh i was young back then (which saying that doesn't make sense in that i should have more money) and didn't have any expenditure or something and bought star trek stuff

I thought i drempt about those sweats!
    Where they real????? - cool.
    I got star trek pogs around somewhere aswell along with several ship models.
    What was so styar trek about the manopoly? U just buy planets instead of streets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Has anybody ever tried Klingon Cooking? You have to buy the book to find out what it's like.:( I'd imagine it's lots of strong, meaty dishes - steaks, kangaroo meat and so on (if it uses real-life (TM) ingredients). Yum!

Whats real life ?

Real life is that strange black void between

good drinking sessions
    new episode of TV shows
    Star Trek
    Re-runs of good TV shows
    Funny conversations

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

From what Iv been told real life is that time you spend without a mouse in your hand. I think its called work...

But I wouldnt know anything about that. :D

real life eh that something i have to do when i finish college? just like i'll have to enter the real world? yeah right did anyone say postgraduate, ah data breaths sigh of relief, real life and real world put off for another 4 years :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Yeah, college is like an enormous holodeck!

Advertisement