Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recording Studio

Options
  • 12-02-2004 4:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

How much and where could I record a four track demo of my own songs?

Reasonable price and decent Studio

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,027 ✭✭✭fitz

Check out Avarice Studios: here

I'm recording there, and it's bloody fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭legofsalmon

got a demo done in sun studios a while ago. got 6 hours for 130 i think.

If you are going there I suggest you do the 11 hour overnight thing if you are looking on a budget. you'll get a good 4 track demo done then with some great mixing. it would give you time to get some other instruments too in.

General rule though for every hour you intend to spend recording give an hour for mixing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Damon_Kind

Andy Knightley will record you for ten hours with a top quality pro-tools set up and top of the range mics for 150 for 10 hours and it'll sound a hell of a lot better than a demo.

His buzzer is 0863892682.

Wuzzer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Dr. Dec

I should point out that Eoin at Avarice charges per song and not for time. You do need to know your stuff fairly well but if you're a solo singer/songwriter it could cost you as little as €35 per song. Anyway there's samples of his work on the Avarice website, see what you think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 NoHotAshes©

Yeah but are these people friendly, i hate the kind of lad who if he didn't like the type of music you're playing lookeddown on you and maybe treated me like a pure fool !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

Right, here's where I meant to post. :)

So, yea, Andy's a great guy, very patient. :D
    xm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 robwDIT

mate won a babble of the bands. prize was 21hrs free in a recording studio. if u were to do 21hrs it works out bout €1500.
    pretty pricey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Dr. Dec

Generally, Eoin is not too concerned with the style of music being recorded. As to the song itself or your performance of it- well he won't offer advice or critcism unless it's asked for. He considers that to be a producer's job. That said, he usually has some constructive advise when it is asked for. Hope that helps :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭JAFO

Mobile Pro Tools studio, all bells & Whistles, (Mics/preamps etc) 200 a day, includes post & mixing

Advertisement