Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC into XBOX ?

Options
  • 12-02-2004 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭

After opening up my xbox, i was thinking is it possible to put a pc in there, using a mini itx/atx mobo, standard HDD + DVD. theres prolly no room for any expansion cards, or maybe a low rise AGP card. Altho im sure the mobo will have a lot of onboard features.

Also the PSU, maybe even use the xbox one, altho it doesnt have any molex connections.

Anyone got any info/articles on anything like this

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

is it mini-itx.com that has one of those? im sure i saw an xbox pc b4. hmm ill look around

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Originally posted by weemcd
    is it mini-itx.com that has one of those? im sure i saw an xbox pc b4. hmm ill look around
    cheers weed. Found one here : http://www.mini-itx.com/projects/i64xbox/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

no problemo, thats what nards are for

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭elmer

i might have a spare case if you're interested - am tempted to do it myself but i don't have any use for another pc

Nige

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Tivoli

will you guys be selling any xbox parts??

• Advertisement

i have some parts - what are you looking for?

a working dvd rom would be great,i got a thompson one

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

i have a philips one, what all do you need?

does it read originals? I've found thomsons read +R discs but are crap at reading the -Rs

Nige

how much are you selling it for bazh?

elmer it only plays cd-audio and some originals(no mod chip in it yet),it needs to be ejected about 20 times to get it to work i tried that pot adjusting thing on the web and it made no difference, the mod chip is in the post, will let you know if +r's work in it

• Advertisement

i stuck the dvd from my pc in my modded xbox today and it works brilliantly, i took out the old dvd player completely.

i have to reboot with a game (backup) in it to play the game, dvds play from evox dvd player thing

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭fester

does anyone have a version 1.0 xbox power supply unit for sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭fester

i hear you can also use a standard AT Power supply from a PC as an Xbox Power supply.
    Anyone got one of those or know where i can get one?

Advertisement