Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Fiery Furnaces-Whelans

Options
  • 11-02-2004 2:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭

Am so so pissed off that we're not on air so I could be playing their album, one of the finest I've heard in an age. They are playing Whelans on Feb 19th and I highly recommend it http://www.thefieryfurnaces.com/

(Have just got Peaches - excellent!)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

I have their badge, I think I got it in Road, 'cos I've never heard them. But if they're good I'll start wearing it....:D
    xm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Just heard about these and think im gonna change plans and go to this. Am quite fond of brother/sister bands at the moment.

Wish I could find some bits to download.

Love the Peaches song with Iggy too. Shame it wasnt so damn edited on eMTeeVee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

Yea, love that song with Iggy Pop too.
    So, what do these lot sound like?
    Suppose I could just check out the website......
    xm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Pearl

If you've heard Alison's trailor for her show next Sunday on Today FM, she plays a bit of one of their songs, and will be interviewing the boy part of the band.
    9-11pm.

When you say 'next' sunday do you mean 'next' or 'next'.

Having seen the stripes 3 times in the last 3 weeks I think another sibling band wouldnt do any harm.

• Advertisement

This Sunday, 15th Feb.

Im sure I was listenin at 9 and this guy came on playin 80's twaddle I think so i turned off.

Mightve been 7 tho I cant remember, I have slept til then. Still tempted to go tho

Cant believe no-ones mentioned this since. It was fantastic. Absolutely loved it. Mesmerising stuff.

Buyin the album this week...have to rob a bank first, anyone recommend any easy targets??

Really enjoyed it too! Was surprised at the amount of people there as I've never heard anyone else play them on the radio.

Money - keep an eye on the ground, especially around bus stops and just inside the door of the bus. It might take a few months though...

I think ill keep my eyes in the usual horizontal position around bus stops. Especially around the quays...healthier option

• Advertisement
Advertisement