Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eddie's Team

Options
  • 10-02-2004 8:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

POC great choice IMO, the rest, somewhat dodgy i reckon. Not looking forward to sat at all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭hallelujajordan

Not the most dynamic back row ever to line out in the green shirts !!

btw, great site daveirl . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

At least Costello isn't playing, thats something isn't it....

POC and Axel returning to the starting line up are the only good points.

ROG's selection has more to do with his ability to pin the oppostion will back with great kicking. Unlucky for humphries.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MarVeL

Have to admit I'm a bit concerned at the choice of O'Connell as captain. Sure he is a definite for the team and is one fo our best players at the moment but does he have the maturity to take on the captaincy for the first time in Paris? He will have the support of some very good heads around him but you would have to wonder why one of them wasn't picked ahead of him

maybe because they expect O'C to be around come the next WC? And they may as well get him, eh, broken in

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Hairy Homer

Yeah. Looks like it's not going to be fun. To lose one world-class running back may be deemed a misfortune; to lose two smacks of carelessness and to lose O'Driscoll, Hickie and Murphy at the same time suggests that as a nation we have offended the God's greviously.

Oh well. Remember 1998 when France were expected to put 100 pts on us and ended up lucky to get a win at all?

The Irish team from that day:

O'Shea
    Hickie
    Maggs
    Henderson
    R Wallace
    Elwood
    McGuinness
    Corrigan
    Wood
    P Wallace
    O'Kelly
    Johns
    Corkery
    Ward
    Costelloe

Subs
    Clohessy
    Nesdale
    Popplewell
    Galwey

So three survivors on the starting team and another on the bench. Can't see where the tries are going to come from. Unless D'Arcy proves to be tailor made for the step up and Howe shows that he is fast enough for international rugby and O'Connell takes to captaincy like a duck to water and the Irish pack outmuscles the French all day long and........
    I reckon I've more chance of bedding Keira Knightley.

Originally posted by Hairy Homer

I reckon I've more chance of bedding Keira Knightley.

would you post the photo's?

we'll prob get hockeyed or win. can't see a close run french win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭qwertyup

I am more concerned about whether or not O'Connell can reign in his tempermental tendancies than anything else. He seriously stepped over the line a couple of times during the WC putting the boot in.

Outside of that, I guess the team is good enough considering the injuries to key backs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

A very big day for D'Arcy to finally show what he can do, especially with what's lining up beside him. I keep promising myself I won't watch these matches anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭SAXA

The days of Irish teams failing to turn up so to speak are gone. We may have lost some big matches v England Australia and France in the last year but they played well v England but took a battering for 60 mins and it told in the end. A drop goal seperated them from Australia who went to the final and Everything that could go wrong against the Franch did but they still battled back even if it was too late. I think we will get an honest performance from this team. I also think they are a limited team and that is why OG is at OH. His kicking game will be needed. Darcy has alot of pressure on him but it's about time he lived up to expectation. He played with Leinister when he was 18 was the next wonderkid of Irish Rugby for too long. I also know that he had his injuries but now is his tiime. I think an error has been made at fullback and on the wing and I also think MOK has to shape up or let DOC get stuck in. We do not need a ruck inspector in Paris. But for our limitations I think that we can do well depending on which French team turn up. The supremely confident team that can beat anyone in the World in exciting running rugby or the team that lack all confidence and decends in a farce of ill discipline. Time will tell.

Heart says Ireland but the head says France

so

28 - 17 But I hope I am wrong

Advertisement