Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This is Hardware Hacking - Engine Fishtank

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Ryaner

Cool idea. I've seen a fishtank inside a mac too.
    My idea (no steel this on me :P ) is to but a fishtank inside a working pc as in have clear window with a fishtank built onto it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

im thinking of building a pc with a clear window which will show an inside fishtank, how about that!!!

Originally posted by bazH
    im thinking of building a pc with a clear window which will show an inside fishtank, how about that!!!

Thats my idea. Damn you. Do post pics if you do cause it'll be ages before I get it even started

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

hmmm. i presume u would have living fish inside as thats the whole point. but what type of fish? i mean think about it its gonna be cool inside there most of the time but could get quite warm at times of use (u dont want fried cod.) also they could be blinded by all the fancy flashing leds

Oh you'd have temp monitor on the tank as well and I was actually thinking of running the water through the water cooling and just putting an extra filter off it. That way the tank wouldnt heat up and a bigger tank for the cooling so lower temps there too :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

Originally posted by Ryaner
    Oh you'd have temp monitor on the tank as well and I was actually thinking of running the water through the water cooling and just putting an extra filter off it. That way the tank wouldnt heat up and a bigger tank for the cooling so lower temps there too :D

u mean link the water in the fish tank with the water in water cooling setup? wouldnt u be left with fish poop in ur water cooling then?

Thats why you put an extra filter in the bottom of the tank where the water line goes out. That would stop any of the fish stuff from getting thru and also stop the fish itself from getting sucked it. Fish can do weird things

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Originally posted by Ryaner
    Fish can do weird things
    Quote of the Month! ...

Originally posted by BigEejit
    Quote of the Month! ...

Why thank you.

Seriously though what if the fish got sucked thru the tupe down to the cpu. Fried gold fish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭daveJAM

Erm, you're not exactly the first person to do the fish tank in he window mod. Also, a lot of people have contemplated the fish in the watercooling system thing too. It's not exactly a good idea, you really want fish poo in your water block? and a filter is only going to restrict the flow of water! Please, for the sake of your cooling system, if not the fish, don't do it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭freekhead

Anyone see finding nemo????

Whats nemo got to do with this?
    Nemo is great by the way. The DVD is so funny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ssh

I guarantee you that you will have a fish tank full of dead fish within 3 days. You can get fake fish though, that'd be sort of cool :-)

I'd thought about the whole dead fish thing because the water used in the system would be distilled and have the extra stuff in it to stop the bits corroding and so forth. Prob wouldnt agree with the fish.
    I'm thinking I'll prob not do this and stick with a normal fish tank :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Zion

Saw this case last summer

fish.jpg

Ok that case rocks!
    Where did you see it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

Advertisement