Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what's wrong with me

Options
  • 10-02-2004 12:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭

I've never been the greatest fan of Star Trek but since The Next Generation moved to night time viewing I can't help but watch it, I've watched the show in the past but now I'm addicted to it, don't get me wrong I don't think I'm a Treky but do I need help, I also watchdeep space 9 and the odd episode of enterprise which i think is just a star wars rip off, but the next generation is just the greatest.
    Please Help Me!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

don't worry about it back in the day i watched pretty much ever single hour of star trek that aired each week think it worked out bout 15-20 hours a week, now i only watch one hour the new ep of enterprise on monday, you'll get over it when you've seen each episode a few times, you are a trekky though deal with it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭axel90

I refuse to accept it.......... is there any cure??

nope you'll just have to build a bridge and get over it, you are just in denial and what not you'll be fine just let it sink in slower and release the inner trekkie within, see ya at the next convention or something

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

bull****! iv been watching Tng every day since it first aired and im still not board.......+ ds9 and voyager......and even Enterprise .....add on to that Stargate sg1 and Bab 5......i watch way tomuch sci-fi

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

I remember when i used to watch every episode that was on and ye it was about 30+ hours a week i even got suspended from school for saying that Star Trek was more important than homework tothe principal. WoW thats going back a loooong time.

also there was the time i hurt my back and couldent lie down so i spent a week on the sofa. I would watch star trek from 1-6 ok sky and then watch the re-runs from 1am-6am

Star Trek is great

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭LastIrishMonkey

soon ull start collecting figures and ull have a star fleet uniform ! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

I watch TNG and DS9 every night, I download new episodes of Enterprise almost weekly and I watch voyager if it happens to be on while I'm at home :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

Star Trek when you get into it is more additive than heroin, their is no known cure.

thats so true

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

There is one cure.

Watch Star Trek V: The Final Frontier about 12 times in a row, you'll never be able to watch any star trek again without convulsing. Never been able to bring myself to do it though. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Originally posted by axel90
    I've never been the greatest fan of Star Trek but since The Next Generation moved to night time viewing I can't help but watch it, I've watched the show in the past but now I'm addicted to it, don't get me wrong I don't think I'm a Treky but do I need help, I also watchdeep space 9 and the odd episode of enterprise which i think is just a star wars rip off, but the next generation is just the greatest.
    Please Help Me!

Welcome to the club. There is no escape!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭axel90

I think i'm cured.... i watched a crap episode involving troy. I'll try not to watch it 2nite. But I just don't think I can do it.

yep you'll cave to the trekky goodness

It is a great obsession to have, it takes over your life, it becomes more of a priority than eating!

BTW Data at the next boards beers why dont we all get extremley drunk then sing klingon drinking songs and then we all smahs our heads together - i wonder if it hurts

sounds good to me user we just have to convince bizmark to go he's being a lazy bum

Well get him to come, anyone elce from startrek froum going to boards beers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

Its the best! There are different stages though...

Your in denial, and probably haven't told your friends yet

Next you'll tell your friends you watch it, but only a little

Then you'll come out, People will laugh but you won't care because you know how good it is.

You'll then want those fancy DVD boxsets

And if you reach my level, you'll get excited seeing the star trek phasor on special for €8 in forbidden planet. Buy it and shoot everything in sight!!

....wonder what comes next? I'm definately no where near the buying the uniform stage yet!

BTW has anyone actually got one?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭dazberry

Actually I've been really stuck into the DS9s of late because I hadn't seen them in quite a while. Un/fortunately I started a new job today, so I can't stay up half the night anymore :(

D.

A star trek fan with a job!......Your fooling no one but yourself :p;)

Originally posted by stereo_steve

And if you reach my level, you'll get excited seeing the star trek phasor on special for €8 in forbidden planet. Buy it and shoot everything in sight!!

8 euro man you got to post these things sooner :) no i don't have the uniform but i used to always want one, i did plan on getting my ear piereced when i was young and putting the bajoran earring in it but you could only get the clip on one in fp which sucked imo

• Advertisement

i never wanted any of toys etc other than the enterprise-d (which i got) or any vids dvds

Im far more interested in the technology of star trek such as the weapions warp drive etc anything to do with the ships which i know a good bit about

Was that the enterpise D that came out after generations?
    Parts of the hull blew off when you clicked the button.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭ronano

Originally posted by Dataisgod
    nope you'll just have to build a bridge and get over it, you are just in denial and what not you'll be fine just let it sink in slower and release the inner trekkie within, see ya at the next convention or something

If you build a bridge they will come.....

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Jaoibh

you see what you are doing wrong is you have to set your vcr for TNG and then DS9 and then have the almighty clock record again at 6am for the next days DS9.

I am on the brink of buying a uniform but I do want the box sets especially the last 2 series of DS9 Bring on the klingons and dominion.

And lets not even go near the voyager series

Jaoibh twitches

I hate being a poor student
    anyone need there cars washed I need my fix damn it!

Advertisement