Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Partner For Germany 2004 Venturer Belt

Options
  • 09-02-2004 3:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

If ANYONE knows of ANYONE who would be interested in doing this year's explorer belt in Germany please post a message!! I need a partner and time is really ticking fast!

Thank you!!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,706 Mod ✭✭✭✭star gazer

dougie, would you like to give a brief description of what the venturer belt is and what volunteering for it means?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 dougie

you can find out about it here:
    http://www.explorerbelt.com

But I am afraid it is only open to venturers (old scouts). That was the reason I didn't explain it, as if you were a venturer you would immediately know what I meant.

Take care!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

I wouldnt describe venturers as old scouts man, that makes it sound like its some kind of scouts of the 60s re-union.....

Its the next level of scouting, from around 15 or 16 to around 18 or 19.... what is supposed to be a scouts transition from scout to leader, but what often turns out to be (like for me) a group of mates going on holiday, and maybe, just maybe... having one pint.... or two........ but thats it.......

Seriously though, had a great time as a venturer, although Ive never done any explorer belts..... can leaders do them too??

Flogen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 dougie

Okay, lol, I over simpilified.

Yah leaders have a similiar thing called "The Leader's Challange".

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

the problem I have with these kind of scouting activities is the seriousness some go to...
    I mean, I enjoy hiking and camping, but some of these cats are nuts about it all..... I mean, it aint the army, you are allowed to have a little bit of fun while being a scout.....

I wouldnt mind doing the challenge, but id have to be sure my mates were doing it too.....

I remember actually, one time in Belgium when these Italian geesers showed up and built a damn village in about 2 hours flat, while we were there with out slanty tents and death-trap cooking area.... ah the joy.....

Flogen

• Advertisement
Advertisement