Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Future Kings: what's going on...

Options
  • 09-02-2004 2:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭

future kings of spain

* Ireland: Hot Press Readers’ Poll – The Results
    * Ireland: Meteor Awards 2004 – FKOS nominated in 2 categories
    * Australia: ‘Face I Know’ video added to daytime rotation
    * Australia: ‘Face I Know’ play-listed on major radio stations (Triple J, Triple M)
    * Japan: Sonicmania festival update and report
    * Japan: MTV film FKOS showcase for broadcast
    * USA: tour dates pencilled...

FKOS fared very well in this year’s Hot Press Readers’ Poll, with top ten positions in four categories. The categories/results are:
    Most Promising Act: 2nd (behind The Thrills)
    Best Irish Debut Album: 3rd (behind The Thrills and Mark Geary)
    Best Irish Album Sleeve: 7th
    Best Irish Act: 8th

The band thank everyone who voted for them – actual legends!
    Visit www.hotpress.com for further Readers’ Poll information.
    FKOS have been nominated in two categories for this year’s Meteor Music Awards - Best Irish Band and Best New Irish Act. News of the nominations came as a welcome surprise to the band, having spent 2003 with their heads down writing, releasing (a glut of singles followed by their debut album) and touring (Ireland, the UK, shows with The Strokes, Idlewild, Biffy Clyro). The Best New Irish Act is an industry vote (not open to the public), but you can vote for FKOS in the Best Irish Band category in two ways:
    Online: visit www.meteor.ie and follow the “How To Vote” link
    Mobile: (Ireland only, I’m afraid) Simply text VOTE BAND 3 to 53500 and you’re sorted!

BEST IRISH BAND CATEGORY 2004:
    Bell X1
    The Frames
    Future Kings Of Spain
    Snow Patrol
    The Thrills
    The Tycho Brahe
    The video for ‘Face I Know’ has been added to daytime rotation (!) on MTV Australia. In a double whammy, ‘Face I Know’ was also added to the play-lists of major Australian radio stations Triple J and Triple M. It seems a trip to Oz is on the cards, around the same time the band return to Japan...ah, fair Japan. Where to start...
    What began as an introductory press and publicity tour in Japan spiraled into a week which saw the band worked to the bone on the interview front, appearances on MTV Asia, Space Shower Rock, Fuji TV Factory, and significantly, two appearances at the Sonicmania Festival in both Osaka and Tokyo.
    In the midst of their mental week, FUTURE KINGS OF SPAIN received a call from the SONICMANIA promoters, who invited the band to play in front of a combined audience of over 35,000 people, alongside the likes of Evanessence, Korn and Rancid. The band have subsequently been invited back to play the SummerSonic Festival, when they hope to work some Australian dates into the equation.
    Last but by no means least...FKOS have been confirmed to play at this year’s South By Southwest (SXSW) Festival, taking place in Austin, Texas in March. Seen by many in the industry as the ideal springboard for burgeoning talent to announce themselves to the world, SXSW runs for four days (March 17-21), though there are plans for a much more extensive US tour to wrap around the SXSW appearance. More to come – visit www.sxsw.com or www.fkos.com for further details.
    FUTURE KINGS OF SPAIN – the self-titled debut album out now on Red Flag Records - is on sale from all good record stores. For further information, visit www.fkos.com or www.redflagrecords.com. Questions and answers: madouva@eircom.net

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

good for them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 GUINNESS POOH

and all this tells us what exactly?

Just for all you folks who like the FKOS and surf here for their news intead of on their web-site, here's their news? :confused:

If you dont know about FKOS check them out! Look at all this info! They must be worth checking out, mus'nt they? :confused:

Cant help but think that there is a debate here:

Has this band just 'pimped' by posting the biggest 'we are great' signpost ever seen on these boards?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

You mean boards.ie in general or Phantom FM board?

Guinness pooh, you annoy me

I'm sure I could find some worse ones.

Not forgetting the white supremisist thrash metal band who tried to pimp their site on AngelWhores board a while back, this is mild. Anyway why shouldn't they promote themselves?

They're entitled to, there's no rules on this board to say they can't, noone else has moaned about it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭madouva

It says "for those on this board that have expressed an interest in the band, here's some news re what the band are up to". Nothing more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Russ

Anybody making any predictions for the meteors? Hope the Future Kings get an award.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Daylight

Got a fiver on them winning best new band. Got to guess the thrills will walk the best band award.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

Originally posted by Daylight
    Got to guess the thrills will walk the best band award.

Over my feckin' dead body!
    Actually, yea they probably will, but I just don't want them to is all!
    Come on the Kings!
    xm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 GUINNESS POOH

Sorry AMZ. I am a nice guy. The above post is just my stubborn argumentitive side. I suppose I use these boards as a lease for that. Shame I have it. But hey, at least I can vent it here. So many levels to this. fair play. :) :mad: :) :mad: :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭madouva

Originally posted by memaeve
    Over my feckin' dead body!
    Actually, yea they probably will, but I just don't want them to is all!
    Come on the Kings!
    xm

Fair doors Maeve.

Voting is dead easy:
    ONLINE - www.meteor.ie (for freeeeeeeeee)
    MOBILE - text VOTE BAND 3 to 53500 (60c)

Not long now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

I was just saying to ya the other day that they get more and more famous every day, and then Joey tells me they're supporting Muse!!
    This is damn good. :D
    Fair play!

When are the results announced?
    xxx me

• Advertisement
Advertisement