Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dishwasher making loud noise

Options
  • 09-02-2004 12:27pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have a Bosch diswasher just over two years now, and its starting to make a loud whirring/motor noise. It's loud enough that we can't really stay in the room.

I switch on and can hear the water going in etc and all is fine for the first 30 seconds or so. Then the loud whirring/motor noise when the "washing" starts.

The arms are not obstructed, it's on level ground, very well maintained and I can't think of any outside influence that could be contributing to this noise.

Any thoughts?

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭viking

Try disconnecting the arms (if possible) and giving them a wash to clean out any obstructions that may be inside them.

Try putting the machine on when there are no dishes in it to see if the noise is still there.

Make sure that the cap on the salt filler is secure.

Try slowly rotating the arms yourself and see if they move freely.

viking

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

"Try disconnecting the arms (if possible) and giving them a wash to clean out any obstructions that may be inside them."

Not possible

"Try putting the machine on when there are no dishes in it to see if the noise is still there."

will do when next full wash is over

"Make sure that the cap on the salt filler is secure.
    &
    Try slowly rotating the arms yourself and see if they move freely."

No probs here at all

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

Advertisement