Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the best "dot net" book?

Options
  • 09-02-2004 11:46am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ok, i need recomendations for the following....

A good VB.Net book

A Good ASP.Net book

preferrably that someone has read and they found really good.

im a vb6 developer so i probably (hopefulyl!) wouldnt need an extremely basic book on the VB.Net front.

much appreciated,

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

For ASP.Net, I use "Programming ASP.Net" by O'Reilly.

I don't use VB.Net - I went to C# instead.

What I would recommend, if you haven't read one already, is an introduction to .Net itself. Can't remember what I used for that.

jc

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Introducing .NET from wrox is a great primer. Although it refers to .NET 1.0 the information is still relevant and will help make the jump from VB6 programming. I like bonkey have gone into C# though so I don't know vb.net.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Microsoft have a book out on ASP.NET with vb.net

I got it... seems ok. Nothing amazing doesnt really cover vb.net but has enough to get you by :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Merrion

I own "Professional VB.NET" by Wrox press and recommend it.

Also "Comprehensive VB.NET debugging" is useful - especially the "Heartbeat monitor" example code.

Advertisement