Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL announce 1024/256 for €50 a month

Options
  • 09-02-2004 10:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭

......I wish they would also announce the rollout plans for 2004 while they are at it . Story in the BB Forum

I cannot see any rational being signing a 1 year contract with anyone else if that package is imminent in their area.

M

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Emerson

I note the higher upload speed.. 256k.

In the UK all of the 512k DSL products seem to have 256k up. Over here we seem to have adopted a more debilitating 128k up on residential products.

This ntl product looks sweet.. any rumours on when a low cost residential 1mb service may be launched by eircom & resellers as I don't think ntl are going to upgrade my area for years yet..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

i thought they only offered this in tallaght...web that is....anyone know any different...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

No it's also parts of Lucan (newer areas) , Crumlin , Dublin 6w etc...

By no means total coverage yet - Quick call to 1800 923 005 and they will check for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

I heard from a friend of mine who works in the ntl call centre that the Waterford network is the most advanced of ntl's in Ireland, but there is no fibre optic link to the Dublin/UK network (I took this with a pinch of salt though!).

If ntl sign a deal with ESB to use their network as reported here , maybe we'll see ntl BB in Waterford soon...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

very good but they still have some catching up to do
    see what's on offer in Dungarvan

just a shame i am not able to get it :mad:

• Advertisement

sure is mossy - great little Company Casey's! they have had this for ages too - works very well by all accounts!

works really well, some of my neighbours have it but they wont come down my road :mad:

3 words - share cost wireless

funnily enough you are the 3rd person to mention that but i dont know how much longer i will be here anyway but it is something i am considering

Advertisement