Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XDA: Free PPC 2003 Download

Options
  • 08-02-2004 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭

this doesnt seem to be posted elsewhere, so I thought id put it up.

Get all the details : Here!

Im gona try flashing mine today

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

be very careful about updating one manufacturer's / operator's device with an update provided for another device

unless you are well versed in the likes of ROM upgrades, Bootloaders, extracting and applying OS images and Radio stacks and are comfortable with the risk of messing up the device (with no support from the manufacturer/operator) etc... then don't and enquire/wait to see if there is an official update on the way...

been trying to get info from O2 about a 2003 update for a few months now - but they weren't able to provide any date or confirm an update last time I asked...

if anyone has an original XDA - give O2 Internet WAP support team a call/email to flag some interest...

BrianG

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

I flashed from SD. No ill effects so far, other than activesync failing while "programme A" was running, causing my XDA to die for a while.

Doesnt seem particularly different. A bit more memory hungry, some applications seem to pop up a little faster, IE espcially

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

Most likely reponse from o2 WRT PPC 2003 upgrade is 'buy an XDA II'.

Is there any particular benefit to upgrade to 2003 that anyone's aware of? As SouperComputer suggests it would most certainly need a bit more memory to function properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

well O2 responded a bit more positively than that late last year... so hopefully they will release it... AT&T (Siemens) has released theirs, T-Mobile have also been working on an upgrade so - no harm in asking O2 IRL - at least it shows there is some interest in it...

the ROM itself would be designed specifically for the device, and according to Arne over at PPCW.net he's had several 2003 Phone Edition releases that works just fine on the XDA, i recently upgraded an iPAQ was running PPC 2002 to 2003 and it also worked just fine - the new OS feels even more responsive...

BrianG

Advertisement