Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Broadband.

Options
  • 07-02-2004 10:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭

Who would be interested in having a 512Kb/s connection from €35p/m anywhere in Donegal.

Please post your interest here.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭FreaK_BrutheR

course i would

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Smithers

any more details??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 spacer

There has been a lot in the Journal and Inish Times lately about broadband.
    Do the internet users in Buncrana know that broadband is already available to them?

North West Electronics in Derry provide wireless broadband to Flanagans and Seatem (Keith Prowse).

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Most definitely. I know a few other locals who would be most interested too...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭adeypius

interested

• Registered Users Posts: 14,321 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

yes where do i sign please eircom won't fix my lines to take dsl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭SeeYouJimmy

anywhere in Donegal.

are you for real?

unless you represent some company that has some new exciting broadband technology then this is never going to happen

well unless you are talking about Vsat, which in that case if you can give it to us for 35 quid a month i'll eat my pants

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

Originally posted by SeeYouJimmy
    unless you represent some company that has some new exciting broadband technology then this is never going to happen

afaik its just los wireless using existing transmitters around donegal.

sorry to seem skeptical, but what about backhaul? i live in the sticks down here in lettermacaward and would be grateful for broadband, but i can never see full county coverage, theres just no backhaul in the ground about most of the county to support a full coverage wireless service.

just my 2 cents

plus theres too many hills

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭jimmeh

Yes - I represent a company that has an exciting new broadband technology. Yes, it's wireless, no it's not VSAT, no, it's not high latency, and yes, I'm for real. It doesn't cost a fortune, it's quite tolerant of hills, and it even reaches to Lettermacaward. The backhaul is provided with 2x20Mb/s links, which is more than Eircom provide for most small town DSL sites.

The question I asked was if you were interested, not if you think it could be done.

I know it can be done.

Unless you live somewhere like the Poison Glen, you'll more than likely get coverage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Yep, interested.
    Twin-Towns area.

Well count me in then!, could you post details of links to you company and/or the technology, Just to silence the skeptics you see :)

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

ANY part of Donegal?

Are you only operating this system on the Ballybofey side of Barnesmore Gap? If so, it would be safe to assume i'm screwed :dunno:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Barbie_666

Originally posted by byte
    ANY part of Donegal?

Are you only operating this system on the Ballybofey side of Barnesmore Gap? If so, it would be safe to assume i'm screwed :dunno:

ditto...:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 abaddon1666

interested for defs. only prob bout nwe is the €200 or €300 installation charge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

jimmeh,

You seem to be a bit slow at answering peoples questions ?..... perhaps you should take a leaf out of U.TV's customer relations book, and answer promptly.:confused:

P.

and you wonder why im skeptical?

Advertisement