Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change OS on a PDA

Options
  • 07-02-2004 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to change the OS on a PDA from pocket PC
    2002 to 2003 (and the other direction as well), and if
    so is there a link or howto on how to do it???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

hi - it depends on the model

HP did release a new "ROM" image for Windows Mobile 2003 for Pocket PC for the 38xx, 39xx and 54xx series PDAs that originally came with Pocket PC 2002.

take a look at this thread for some more details

BrianG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Stky10

Any idea on how I'd be able to get a copy of 2002. I'm not in to piracy (I have the license code after all), I've
    just made a mistake trying to update it, and now I want my original OS back.

Its for an ipaq 2210 if thats any help...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

hi - sorry i don't follow - the iPaq 2210 only shipped with Windows Mobile 2003 for Pocket PC (there wasn't a Pocket PC 2002 version of it)

unless you were trying the most recent ROM update? detailed here under BIOS - usually the process asks if you want to make a backup...

when applying a ROM update follow all the instructions porvided with the update, particulalry making sure the battery is charged and you have the power adapter plugged into the cradle, you connect directly to a USB port (not through a hub), you have the latest version of Active Sync working and a can establish a stable connnection

BrianG

Advertisement