Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

generate source code from c++ header files

Options
  • 07-02-2004 2:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭

hi
    is ther any way/tool to generate source code (.c files) from c++ header files?
    as in create empty methods with the appropiate return types and paramters.
    Similar to the what Eclipse does for interfaces in java.

I'm using both the gcc compiler and vc++ 6.0 in case either of them have some way of doing it.
    thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Does eclipse not do this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭vorbis

I haven't used the c++ plugin for eclipse.
    I was worried it might interfere with my java final year project. Is the plugin considered to work ok with existing plugins?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

I've never used it either. can you download + install eclipse and the c++ plugin on another box and try it there? or else another hdd?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭vorbis

anyone have any other way of doing this?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

you could install it to a different place then start it with a different workspace. Although I can't see how it would interfer as java uses .java and it will reconise the differences (and you will have seperate projects for them).

• Advertisement
Advertisement