Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorola V525 opinions?

Options
  • 06-02-2004 5:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭

Any opinions on the Motorola V525 ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Sucks, ok camera though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Originally posted by jesus_thats_gre
    Sucks, ok camera though.

Why does it suck?

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭topgold

I wish it had full HTML web access but its browser gives you speed which is fine for compliant pages.

The VGA-standard is better than first generation camera phones but no match for the megapixel camera I normally carry. That said, the on-board camera has plenty of options to tweak images and a 65k display with 5MB of on-board storage.

You can use that memory for MP3 rips and MP3 ringtones.

Its Bluetooth knows my Sony Clie and that's helpful.

Its mail client is quick and POP-able.

Plus the little phone is quad-band which helps if you plan your holidays into Brazil or hill-walking in the Andes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

topgold do you have one? I'm not really interested in the camera but the pop mail would be useful. I just killed my 6310i by smashing the screen completely. What do you mean about the browser?

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭topgold

I inadvertently bounced my V525 on the H'penny Bridge so it's not working at the moment and I'm trying to claim insurance on it. Anyway, the browser is slow because it has to render things inside its limited space, unless you're using text-only sites. It's a real browser not a WAP browser.

The e-mail works a charm. I've used it to post mail-to-blog and although I personally need a QWERTY keyboard for speed, I like the simple pocket-sized e-mail functionality of the V525. It's a stable e-mail client for sending and receiving. Don't expect it to handle attachments well--use its on-board rulebase to hold messages with attachments at the server.

• Advertisement
Advertisement