Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Special Edition DVDs.

Options
  • 06-02-2004 1:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭

I've noticed that while the Star Trek films with the Original crew, have all been given shiny new 2-Disc Special Edition treatment with loads of cool extras, the other Trek films haven't.

I've already ordered the Wrath Of Khan SE, and I'm certainly going to be getting The Undiscovered Country SE when it's released in March.

Thing is, I'd also love to get First Contact, but the DVD has piss poor extras! Only a couple of Trailers, and 'Interactive Menus/Scene Access' junk.

Anyone know anything about a special edition of First Contact?
    Or any thoughts on the current special editions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Jaoibh

yeah

so far I have seen the first and second special editions the first was a fantastic improvement!

and the second one is just amazing it didnt need any tweeking! its still ****ing amazing but I really want to get first contact on dvd especially anything with patrick stewart interviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Ye im looking forward to DVD releases. I downloaded a deleted scene from generations. it was decent enough and probbley should have been in the movie. Nemesis came with several deleted scenes. Some of them where very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭shinzon

the special editions of the next gen films are tentatively scheduled to start being released in june sometime but as with everything with paramount that could slip

Shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I think First Contact is the only Next Gen film I'd bother with on DVD.
    The other films were, well... Just poo.

Pity I'll have to wait through Generations (and possible slippage, as pointed out) before it'll get a realease.

I'm rather miffed that Wrath Of Khan hasn't arrived yet, before the weekend.
    I was really looking farward to watching it.

Advertisement