Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is next in Star Trek?

Options
  • 05-02-2004 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭

Ok the major events of the past few years are.

1.The klingon cival war
    2.Bajors independence and the formation of the Maque (How do u spell there name?)
    3.The discovery of the Wormhole to the gamma quadrent
    4.Contact with the dominion
    5.The end of the klingon federation pease treaty
    6.The klingons conquering large parts of cardassion space
    7.The signing of a new federation Klingon alliance
    8.The cardassion joining the dominion
    9.A massive War
    10.The romulans joining the war
    11.The Breen joining the war.
    12.Alpha quadrent Allaince Victory
    13.The return of Voyager
    14.The romulan empire been overtaken by a remen
    15.The return of the romulan empire to a romulan pretors controll

What is next?
    What do you think is likley to happen?

We aready discused the cardassions joining the federation.

Will the federation and the romulans become closer allies?

Will the romulans discover that they where tricked into the war with the dominion by the federation and want revenge?

Will the borg have another go at the alpha quadrent? mabe they will go for romulus of Kronos instead of earth.

What do you all think wil happen next?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

holographic pants, at the push of the button they disappear!!!11
    adnans

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

Funnily enough, there's a lot of simming organisations that do their own spin on future Trek events. I mean, since there's so many ships, as well as orgs, so interpretations are bound to differ... Of course, all the org stuff is unofficial, but still... It's hard to speculate what's left for Star Trek TV-wise.

I serioiusly doubt the Borg will be back though, considering what Future Janeway did to them...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

True the borg where cripled but they control vast space. They lost a transwarp hub and there primary uni complex and there queen so id say ye ur right the borg will be recovering from that for several years to come

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Indeed. The Borg may be crippled but I doubt they are gone forever

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

The next thing to happen is for Archer to learn how to be a captain and Enterprise in general to start making sense. I do like it but its so odd compared to the others since a lot of this stuff he is doing we have not heard of and some of it is pretty major!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

i really think they were stupid going backwards instead of forwards with the new series. voyager touched on the 'future, future' with the timeship thingumyjig, which would have opened up so many more possibilities than enterprise. it was a good idea, but it would have taken an extremely good writing team to pull it off, and i really don't think they have that.

imagine rather than being back to doing warp 5, watching the first 'official' federation timeship begin it's missions. with special effects the way tey are, you could even travel back to good old kirk et al and integrate old footage into new stuff for the odd proper retro episodes.

just as long as they don't start travelling to fecking old irish bars and putting on crapy accents again, or colonial america. always the sh1ttiest episodes of all the trek series.

timeships would not only open up the past stuff, but allow them to be much more creative with new episodes because they could travel forwards just as easily and have an almost unlimited scope for new species and scenario's.

sorry, just me going off on one again. :rolleyes:

The fact that we have not heard of the events in enterprise or even half the specis is enterprise probbley has something to do with a temperal incursion. The temperal cold war will explain it all. Probbley et the end of enterpise the timeline will be restored and the UFP will be established *Everyone cheers*

They might then go on to another star trek seris based slightly in the future after the events in Nemesis. They have yet to do a seris based on an alien ship like klingon or romulan ship.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Jaoibh

I heard a long time ago that instead of enterprise they were going to do from the klingons point of view! that would be an amazing startrek series in my opinion!

also I know they are digging them selves out of a big hole by saying that its all the temperal change and thats why enterprise has photon topedos and internal sheilds and they have met all of the species they arent meant to have met yet but apart from my obvious dislike for all the mess ups as I see them in the series I will honestly say I havent missed an episode and I am really looking forward to the day when the enterprise is getting the Sh*t kicked out of it by a klingon bird of prey and then all of a sudden the camera pans to the communications officer (really hot asian girl) sorry cant remember her name! anyway and she says There's another starship coming in its the .................! I am saying constitution! but I am more than likely way off! I think its going to be a good episode and I know its going to happen which makes enterprise more exciting to watch for me anyway.

and I believe the borg are in rag order at the moment but Admiral Janeways shields were assimilated by the collective before the ONE of the hubs was disabled so we havent seen the last of the borg! as far as the time travelling star trek would go I think its a good Idea but they would have to re do lots of it like they did with the ds9 version of tribble trouble the space station and the enterprise looked really cool

anyway thats enough of my opinions for one night!
    until tomorrow :¬)

The borg also adapted to transfasic torpedos and hull amour.
    But it seems janeway didnt keep that tech otherwise it would have been equiped on all federation ships before the movie nemesis

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Jaoibh

I was thinking that alright

it would have been really nice if Picard had of enabled the new shields when shinzon was attacking! you can imagine when the other two ships decloak and hail them "we concider this an internal matter" and picard saying no sweet heart its okay!! worf fire transfasic torpedos and where's my cool shiney hull armor MUUHAHAHA

jaoibh takes his medication and sits back down :¬)

• Advertisement

Ye lol 1 transfasic torpedo would blow the semitar to bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,894 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Ah but now, he didn't want to kill Shinzon. After all, he was Picard's clone and that made him special :p

I think when he ramed the semitar he was trying to kill him oh ye and when he stabed him lol

I liked shinzon knife(s) normely u can buy star trek baldes like batleths and other swords and knives over the internet but i cant find shinzons.

Advertisement