Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Damien Dempsey

Options
  • 05-02-2004 2:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭

OK, I watched the folkumentary on Damien Dempsey the other night and I'm confused. Does anyone else have difficulty teling him apart from Rats' band "Sperm Dot Com" from Paths to Freedom?

"Now me homey's is on da soutside drinkin' cappucino, it's de celtic tigorrr rap"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Yeah he does sound slightly crap alright, I thought he had a cold or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

Didn't watch it, can't stand the guy.
    xm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭luce

I second that with a mighty DAMN STRAIGHT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭ilovehoovering

at Planxty last night someone shouted to Christy "tell em about Damien!" so Christy says "don't they know about Damien?" and yer man says "tell em again i'm on me own up here" and then Christy said "i can see why" and we all laughed *harhar*
    Damien seems like a nice guy and fair play to him for doing so well. Better than Aslan anyhoo :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭tiggertigger

All this dissing is an unhappy development. I think Damo´s great.
    And one of the few who sing in their local dialect.
    Props to him for that.
    Also, a word of warning. Never be caught dissing
    men of the ´mede. Check out his website
    for pictures of what he looks like when he beats
    his critics to a pulp.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

"Rollin' down to Dubblin towahn!"

So we can't criticise his music or he'll paste us?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Russ

The man is, quite simply, a god! He doesn't care for all the sh*t and trppings that goes along with being a popular singer. Hansard et al take note. Now you've got ne gonig. If you're from dublin and you don't get Damo...... what's going on in your head?

"I'm never going to let your negative vibes and comments get through to my psyche and cripple me"

Advertisement