Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Footballers' Wifes on ITV Eire

Options
  • 05-02-2004 1:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭

Currently running on TV3 as ITV:

Im a celeb.....
    Emmerdale
    Corronation Street
    Heartbeat
    The Royal

And now Footballers' Wifes

and march see Ant And Dec on Saturdays

Other shows that have been broadcast same time TV3 as ITV

Prime Suspect
    Cold Feet
    Bloody Sunday

Go on TV3 you know your ready to be called ITV

Is this competition?
    Is this what we wanted?
    What the hell do TV3 do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭mickeyboymel

Any truth to the rumor that they are replacing Grainne Seoige with Trevor McDonald?

Bong!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

show The Bill FFS

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I get the impression Elmo doesn't like TV3! :o:D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Originally posted by byte
    I get the impression Elmo doesn't like TV3! :o:D

Where you get that Idea.

It is the Irish Sun of the TV world.

It supports The british media industry and does nothing for the Irish Media Industry.

Just look at TG4 this is what TV3 need to be. An alternative not the same as what we had 20 odd years ago, there is no choice, that's why people are moving to Sky.

RTE and TV3 will be oblirated by Sky and ITV. TV3 does nothing for the irish viewer lets face it Morning Television is not something to be proud of. Gaining viewers of the back of another broadcaster in a different country is nothing to be proud of.

My dissatisfaction with RTE is not have what it is with TV3.

TV3 IS A POINTLESS WASTE OF BROADCASTING AIR AND TIME AND ENERGY.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,011 ✭✭✭Genghis

I agree with you wholeheartedly Elmo. TV3 had trouble enough getting funding, then it struggled at the start, UK companies bought in in a close-to-firesale situation, and the station was 'turned around'. This was the point at which I reckon TV3 gave up altogether any notion of being an Irish Alternative to RTE - and by 2003 it seems to be run completely for profit, and profit alone.

Their indigenous programming consists almost exclusively of news programmes (and forgive me if I am wrong, are they not compelled to include a certain % of programming as 'news' - iirc the first stations licenced by the IRTC had to have 20% output as news, this might well still apply). News output includes very low budget and limited-value shows such as the overdone sports magazine each night, and the bland Ireland AM (where the same news features 3-4 times hourly, and every guest seems to be hawking something or other - books, music, products, causes; i.e. no 'paid guests', no real interviews, etc.). I'd make an exception for Agenda, though I often wonder if that show is not solely due to the initiative / contacts / hard work of its presenter that it succeeds.

Their track record is one of 'Suck it, see, fail, then never try again' - remember their only attempt at a game show - axed and no more commissioned. Chat show - axed, and no more commissioned. Their current affairs programme, similarly. Even Cubed 3 has been tried, axed and no music show re-commissioned.

Many people say 'look at what TG4 have done', and I agree. Another model would be Today FM. Like TV3 they had lots of trouble getting started / financed, etc, and then had to face a radical rethink in order to survive the early years, as well as taking on board a new investor in the shape of UK radio company Scottish Radio Holdings. What has emerged is an excellent balance of commercial radio during the day, news broadcasting that genuinely competes with RTE's flagship news programme, as well as offering new concepts such as the Sunday Business Show and the Sunday Supplement, and then a whole host of niche programming - Tom Dunne, Donal Dineen, River of Soul, Dad Rock, The Last Splash, the Premiership, Live at Five, etc.

I realise radio and TV are different models, but with Today FM came imagination, and the desire to create new stuff, and by doing so succeed. With TV3 it seems to be 'make money . '

• Advertisement
Advertisement