Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Doc's Holo Emitter - Temporal Disaster?

Options
  • 03-02-2004 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭

Remember when Braxton and co were sent back to prevent temporal incurions and changes in the timeline, etc...?
    Why did they allow the doc to keep the holo emitter? If he hadn't kept it, he still would have been confined to sickbay or even the ship (should they have installed portable emitters around). Anyhow, did allowing him to keep it not dramatically change voyager's mission?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

It did alter the mission but the end result was always going to be voyager getting home. also in the last episode of voyager they got home because of time travel, that also would have effected the timeline

Stupid temperal paradox

I would say that the timeship reletavity was destroyed and there is now noone to "police" the timeline, that would explain the suliban and the temperal cold war.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

aye a convenient plot line if ever there was one from a practical point of view it allowed them to develop the doctor much more i think, from a star trek point of view i'm not sure didn't braxton end up arrested by the temporal police himself in the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Boberto

That's true but these guys were from the 29th? century so they would have been aware of janeway's time travel (because it occured in their past) and so they wouldn't change it. Anyhow, i'm saying they are responsible for the holo emitter appearing in voyager's timeline and it would have caused some temporal incursion... Something they were trying to prevent

Unless voyager was "destined" to get a portable holo emitter just like Kirk was "destined" to go back in time in Star Trek 4 You didnt see the temperal police try to stop him from doing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Boberto

Ya but it wouldn't make sense for temporal police from the distant future (say 29th century) to try and go back to kirk's time and prevent his time travels that actually occured in their past and which also brought about their own timeline. They'd be changing their own future.

• Advertisement

exeatly and u can say the same for voyagers time traveling it happened in the Temperal polices past but they still try to put it back right. All these temperal incursions and temperal paradoxs , i love them but they give me a headache

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dangerman

if the temporal police went back in time to stop something happening and they succeeded, then when the clock ticked forward to the 29th century, said something wouldn't happen, so they wouldn't go back to fix it, so how could they have gone back in the first place?

Thats a temperal paradox. all very interesting stuff its all about
    A-B-C-A - thats how captin braxton explains it.

Time travel is very confusing.
    When braxton traveled back in time to stop voayger from going into earths past him going back actually made voyager go back in time. If he didnt to stop voyager from going back in time then it wouldent have happened

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭DMT

Perhaps some temporal paradoxs are like negative feedback instead of positive feedback - they result in stability instead of oscillations in the space-time continium....

Advertisement